Am I Gunna Get There

• Member For: 10y 2m 27d

ok ,I think I better start a new thread about the next build I am doing to my ute . will I get there is another question , as I am chasing 450 rwkw .

so to start of with , I have purchased a FG 2013 turbo engine with all acc. and 6 speed manual gearbox with 5600 klm on the clock . it was a cheap price including freight $5700

I have bought this due to that the BA engine would have been to expensive to rebuild ,and the BTR automatic box would have been at its max power handling .

so I have my engine tuner involved to give me a game plan to get it there, Jamie from forced performance in Toowoomba . still waiting on a reply from my e mail . after that I can get him to send me the parts so I can get started with it .

I will be doing this in my two car garage with the help from jake (work mate ) he also has a turbo ute but it is a FG with about 320 rwkw .

ok I have already a battery side intake with airbox and Kn filter . I have a nizpro cooler (6 years old ) hot side 2 1/2 inch pipes (rapid ) and that is about it as I will have to replace most of the other with new stuff . I will sell my 1000 bosch injectors (5000klm old ) and other bits and pieces .

I have phoned direct clutches in Brisbane and there reply was that they have a clutch that will suit me well (about $2000 ) for a twin plate race set up .

the turbo set up might be one of JIM Gianna special FG small turbo ,converted to put out 450rwkw on E85 .will have to see what Jamie thinks about it

• Like 3

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 1m 11d

Hang on...so your "sleeper" Ute can't effectively put the power down you've already got (which I've read you complain about previously, given you're restricted to the wheels/tyres you can run on it)...so you've now decided to go with the Jeremy Clarkson approach of POWAAAAAAA?! ...because f*ck logic, eh?

So that I'm seen to contribute positively to this thread, however, what did direct clutches tell you the twin plates would be made of? Organic, ceramic? "Race" set up, to me, sounds like ceramic...at which point it'll become an absolute pig to drive daily on the road and in traffic. Another option would be to go with a Mal Wood option 5 organic twin plate, that'll hold your 450rwkw but still be nice to drive around.

Edited by .Stripes.
  • Like 1

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 10y 8m 19d

Weekend car. Power cruises and drag sometimes. Refer to old thread.

Oh yeah and sometimes camping.

See gunna im not a karnt all the time.

Edit. Oz beat me by 12 seconds.

Edited by Bizkets is fat?
  • Like 5