Vertini Monaco Rims,, What Offsets?

skippy228

• Member For: 13y 9d

Hey guys,, ok so I recently purchased a set of 20" monaco's online for my fg f6,,,20x10' s with 275's for the rear and 20x8's with 245's for the front,,I specifically said that I did not want the stretched look , so anyways the day they arrived I eagerly opened the boxes like a kid at xmas,, to my suprise,, they had fitted 255's to the rears and 235's to the fronts,, so I immediately rang them to say there had been a balls up,, the sales guy said that they decided to stretch these tyres on because they were concerned that they would rub on the guards with the tyres I requested,, they said fit them and see how the fit,, so I did,, and the offsets are all wrong,,(not sure what offset they are),,,, the rear rim sits wider than the guard,, definitely not what I wanted,, so I let them know and they want me to send them back so the can machine the centres to reduce the offset,, is this common practice? if so what offset would I need to fit the tyre sizes I want and have them fit just inside the guards? Attached is a poor pic of what the rear looks like,,,post-45475-0-52361900-1425297684_thumb.j

Edited by skippy228

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 3d

Yeah they look pretty pokey. My guess is 20x10+30 lol

I was going to ask this question as well. In regards to getting rims machined down to change offset. Will it effect the integrity/strength of the rim?

And OP not 100% sure about getting a 10inch rim to fit just inside the gaurd? I think +40 might work (I think the common one is 20x10+38)...but with 20s theres more chance of hitting inside components (control arm or something?) when pushing the rim further inside the gaurd.

Hopefully someone else with 20s can advise....should have stuck to 18s or 19s :P

• Member For: 10y 10m 14d

Looks good, if your going to keep it at that height and don't want to lower it more you should leave it like that, or if you want to lower it or put on wider tyres get some rear camber arms and dial in some negative camber.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 12d

actually you shouldnt leave it like that- unless you want a defect. it is illegal as it sits now.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 5d

Are you by chance dealing with a Rim and Tyre Company based in Sydney with a business name starting with O???

If so, and apologies for going off topic but good luck with getting any type of customer support or after sales service. I went through a 4 month debacle with said outlet, took my money and ran.

Again apologies for the hijack, but I think you might be stuck if its the company that I went through

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 3m 6d

If we're thinking of the same company I too had issues. Dealt with someone called Chloe and she sorted it out fine though. Can't say that I'll purchase from them again though.

Mine came with a 255 tyre on the rear, it looks a bit stretched on a 9.5" rim I must say, a bit disappointed they didn't put a bigger tyre on.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 9d

I'd say they're +25 rear! If these were bought from an ozzy tyres in sydney then I wouldn't be suprised if they were the 'f*** up' set they did for a guy I know! He ordered +38 rears and they gave him +25 rear so went back and exchanged them. Given the shops rep wouldn't be surprised if they kept them and offloaded to someone unsuspecting!!

By the way the offset will be stamped on the inside of one of the spokes

• Member For: 11y 2m 15d

40+ offset is fine, I run 20x10 tsw rims with a 40+ offset with 275/30/20 rubber on the back and they sit perfectly inside the gaurd and plenty of clearance on the inside as well. those definately look like a 20 or 25+ offset and should not be on the car. been there mate, truly a pants emptying experiance when you see bits of tyre flying off the front rim after digging into the gaurd lip going thru a corner at 80kmh! which is what happened to me.

heres a pic of my back rims to show what a 40+ offset looks like

post-55566-0-79738700-1425434522_thumb.j