Fg F6 Mods

m3bas

• Member For: 9y 9m 10d

Ok so this has been done to death I know, have emailed local tuners but they are a bit vague. Planning these basic mods for my 2012 F6, anything I'm missing?

PW stage 1 stepped cooler- shop suggested changing piping, which if I'm going to do may as well change entire cooler.

PW street airbox- purely for a bit more intake noise, I think turboside will be too much noise. Any better suggestions?

Intake muffler delete- is this worth it?

High flow cat

Then obviously tune.

I'm guessing injectors will be up to them, don't have a specific number in mind just doing the basic stuff for the easiest gains but maintaining reliability.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 24d

2012 is MKII yeah? I think you can get away with the restrictor ring removal? I don't have a MKII but I think I read that you just grind away at the ring and it comes off (hopefully someone else can comment).

Also....if going passenger side intake, just go with a second handy around the $200-$300 range and buy a k&n recharge kit....they all pretty much sound the same (I have a growler cause cheap)....the KPM ones seem to hold their value the most (see them around $300-$450 when they pop up for sale)...but yeah I wouldn't buy one if they are $600+ postage.

The muffler delete helps to make the noise sound louder. I have a plazmaman one....you also notice more noise as it builds up boost (nice vacuum cleaner sound lol). I will be going turbo side....cause I loves the spool :)

Good call also on doing a full cooler.....if you don't care about having your front bar cut up a little....you could go stage 2 cause same price (but if you're over east there's too much BS with roadworthy, etc....so its your call on that one).

Same again with injectors....I think F6 is good for 340rwkw or something? But make sure someone else confirms this cause I'm pretty much a noob :P

You also may need to add an intank fuel pump or surge tank....depending on whether you like running less than half tank of fuel or how high you decide to take the power. Also I think emailing tuners doesn't work the best....they are usually busy and I found them quite abrupt; but once your on the phone (or better yet chatting in person) they usually change their tune a bit lol

good luck!

Message me price and details please.

Booked into Monsta Torque after ringing them, you are right about the email thing.

PW stage 2 cooler, high flow cat and full stage 1, they tell me with more boost and new cat noise improves a lot anyway. Haven't bothered with exhaust as I'm guessing they still sound average and not after huge power, barely get a chance to go full gas as it is.

Will post a pic and results once done.

• Member For: 10y 10m 13d

Message me price and details please.

Booked into Monsta Torque after ringing them, you are right about the email thing.

PW stage 2 cooler, high flow cat and full stage 1, they tell me with more boost and new cat noise improves a lot anyway. Haven't bothered with exhaust as I'm guessing they still sound average and not after huge power, barely get a chance to go full gas as it is.

Will post a pic and results once done.

noise will improve heaps with a new cat and more boost. the cooler and turbo side intake as well.

sounds like a jet engine sucking in and boost and the exhaust sounds much louder with the cat, even at idle, but its not loud like an exhaust would be, its the right kind of loud, only when you want it to be. No drone on the highway either. you will love it

From what I've read, XFT uses the mk2 cat with the restrictor ring removed over the Venom 100cpi. There's one post I saw where XFT handed back the Venom cat to the customer and said don't bother.

If you want an awesome clean noise with a great off-throttle flutter, go the Herrod. They probably all sound similar but I've got the Herrod and I love it, even my wife loves the sound.

I've tried the PW intake muffler delete, don't bother, yes it increases noise but it sounds dirty and crap. It actually ruined the sound of the Herrod intake, so I sold it.

Change all the pipes when you tune it, I've already split one of the stock boost pipes without any mods at all, I can only imagine it getting worse as you add boost.

Seems like MT recommends 1000cc injectors as well even with their base package, XFT seems to stick with the stock ones to a certain point. Lots of people running in the 330rwkw range with stock injectors, but that might be pushing them.

All of this just comes from reading the forums, haven't actually got my F6 tuned yet!

• Like 2

I think with the injectors there is just a greater margin of safety. And as much as I say I'm not doing any more mods, past experience with other cars tells me I'll do more not because I need more power but because modifying cars is a habit that's hard to break. I'd need injectors then anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had the call from Monsta Torque- 356kw from their stage 1 package plus high flow cat and PW stage 2 stealth cooler. Picking up this avo so mildly excited to say the least, was a lot more than I was expecting and possibly too much as now I'm worried about breaking tail shafts, etc. Stock run was around 280kw.

Dyno sheet on their FB page, not sure how to post up here.

• Like 4