Bf Battery Relocation To Passenger Side

Mac0892

• Member For: 11y 6m 5d

Hey guys, this may have been poster before but I couldn't find anything out there.

is there a battery relocation kit for the BA/BF series that moves it to the passenger side where the factory air box sits? or can you just use one of the relocation kits (process west for example) that are designed for the FG series?

Thanks,

Mac

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 3m 28d

No, because of the intake manifold style (and the cold side piping) it's easier to on the FG, which is why there are kits available. The only kits for the B series re-locate it behind the bumper. There's a Nizpro kit that moves it around there but I'm pretty sure it utilizes a different smaller battery.

I recently re-located mine to the boot. It's very easy to do.

could it be possible to fashion one up and run the cables or would it just be easier to put it in the guard or boot? thinking about getitng the stage 2 or 3 and the throttle body reloc with the airbox on the driver side.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 3m 28d

That's what I have, the PW throttle body relocation and a Plazmaman turbo side intake (it's not fitted atm though because it needs a re-tune). It's not possible because the cold side piping comes from underneath the headlight into the new throttle body location which is right near where the factory airbox used to be. It's definitely easier to put it in the boot or buy a kit. IMO the kits are way overpriced.

• Member For: 12y 4m 6d

Do some thread mines on this.

APS did a lot of early modification work on the BA Turbo when released and their site still has some of the early data. Note that they then used a unichip and we know tuning software has moved along since then.Their results at the time spoke for themselves. Kits were well made in that the parts worked and were not troublesome to fit.

Their Phase three kit in a manual BA with a 5 speed and a 3.23 diff ran 307 Km/hr at Avalon airport with an advertised 390KW at the engine.

Their were other pioneers at the time and things have progressed accordingly. If you want to relocate the battery within the engine bay, pay close attention to the frame they made up and the path of the I/cooler pipe work. A gel type battery can also be used - look at the Nizpro site. Or, you do the boot relocate - plenty of very helpful threads on that approach. E34 BMW 5 series sedans have batteries under the rear seat. The Ford has no space to do that unless you went to lithium batteries....... hardly worth it.

• Like 1

Thinking by the sounds of things, putting the battery in the boot and getting on of the gel types is the better way to go. What's it like running the cables through to the front?

Also bit off topic about the aps systems. I think I read somewhere that they no longer do an exhaust system shown in the video above, not to sure if I read right or not. With the x-force 4" dump, how much modification is needed to it to prevent the steering columm hitting it