Scam - Cut Off Your Internet

EvilDaifu

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 8m 20d

:roflmbo: just had someone from India claiming to represent Telstra and saying they were about to cut off my Internet if I didn't open a CMD box and start www.mstelstra.webs.com for them.

Don't do it by the way - likely they will gain control of your PC ala TeamViewer style and then muck things up from there.

Opening line is someone has hacked into my machine and they ask you open a CMD box and run netstat to see who's running sessions on your PC. Then they claim the established connections are are hackers and they need to transfer my Internet service onto the Telstra rescue server at www.mstelstra.webs.com Yeah sure.

Read some more here:

http://www.whocalledmeau.com/PhoneNumber/0390058413

Seem to be targeting Victorians and looks like it started as early as 16 Jan 2015 at least.

Oh by the way - for some reason when they establish a VoIP call to your home phone line - they can't hang up and require you to hang up - they kept asking me to hang up :facepalm: - they *cough* entertained me *cough* for 30 mins :roflmbo:

• Like 3

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 2d

I always run with them for a little while then either ask if the computer needs to be connected to the internet or if it matters that it's and Apple Pc.......I've learnt a lot of indian swear words in the last year or so using that technique.

• Like 2

• Member For: 10y 2m 28d

I just start talking in german to them ,they usually hang up real fast . or I tell them the owner is away on holidays and I am looking after there place while they are away . sometimes I ask them how there day is going and just start a conversation with no meaning to it ,and then tell them to f*ck off

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 29d

What d1ckheads.

With the phone best thing to get them back. carry on with house stuff walk past and you the phone HELLOOO HANG UP!! LMFAO

Edited by Pixy Angel

• Member For: 21y 26d

I don't get that many calls of late. The last ones I was getting were the survey ones trying to get their foot around the cold calling laws.

The best way is just to hang up the moment you realize they are trying to sell/scam something. I did noticed a drop in calls after I started hanging up immediatley, may have been coincidental or they may take you off the calling list. If you decline politely then I think they keep you on. You can't compete against 1 Billion Indians.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 15d

They dont call me anymore.

I used to do 1 of the following:

- just leave the phone on the bench and dont hang up, but it is not that much fun;

- I thank them for advising me of this problem and tell them that I am a budding computer programmer and straight after dinner I am going to create my own virus busting program to fix the problem;

- String them on for 30 mins or so telling them that my pc / laptop is Windows based, then I tell them it os Mac based so they transfer me to another department. String this apartment along for 20 to 30 mins then tell them that my pc is windows based. They usually have the sh*ts by then and hang up and dont call back.

I only do the third option on a Friday or Saturday night if I am having a few quiet ones out the back.

Have'nt heard back form them for ages.

Luke G

Edited by syco6
  • Like 1

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 18d

Don't have a land line.............works for me

• Like 1