Another Single Wheel Burner

OzG6ET

• Member For: 9y 3m 13d

Hi, I have a 2008 g6e turbo that I purchased off the old man. He had it since new and has 60k on the clock. He is an old fart and never flogged it. Only when I went for a spin. His game was always how good he could get the fuel economy.

Now its mine I wouldn't mind doing a stage 1 upgrade but am getting quoted varied prices and still finding it hard to decide where to go.

Look forward to cruising with some locals in the hunter valley and great forum :)

• Member For: 12y 2m 30d

Welcome mate. Might see you around the Hunter sometime. I don't use them personally but a few of my mates up here use Streamline to tune/modify their FG turbos and get great results

Thanks willo88. I was on the forums back in 2004 when I had a ba xr6t. Went on a couple of cruises but sold the car, and stopped the forums. I'm keen to cruise with some locals now I'm back in a turbo :)

I don't want to go overboard with mods, just want to get that little bit better than standard with little as possible complications.

I'm considering tunehouse at the moment, spoken to BMA but not convinced by the guy I spoke to who may be an apprentice, but I have read good reviews.

How did you find auto tech willo88 ?

• Member For: 12y 2m 30d

Well if you're going to sydney for the mods then I can't recommend Autotech enough. Been going to Spiro for the last 3 years and always left happy with the work done and his customer service is the best around.

• Like 2

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 28d

:Welcome2FordXR6t: there are a few good place and if you're willing to drive check out CMS and Autotech. I went with CMS and cant fault them at all, very happy!!

You can ask Willo (thesilverservicetaxi) about Autotech and he'll same the same.

It comes down to what you want and who you're happy with. Take your time and speak to the workshop.

Good luck look forward to seeing the upgrade.

Not sure what to expect from a stage 1 upgrade, but I want to at least upgrade the intercooler and k&n panel filter before a dyno tune. Don't really want to spend more than 2500 not including the intercooler and k&n. Hoping for around 300rwkw.

Not sure if that's unreasonable or not but dont want to take it any further than that.

I will look up that place in newie, thanks.

• 3 months later...

Finally got some cash together for some surgery to the G6ET.

Mods to follow:

Eaton TrueTrac 9" LSD

60Lbs Injectors

High flow CAT and Dump Pipe

Stage 2 Intercooler and Piping
SCT Flash Tuner
K&N Panel Filter

Leaving stock exhaust and airbox as to make it look and sound as stock as possible.

Getting it tuned down at Autotech.

Will post the results in the next couple of weeks.

• Like 1