Cheep And Nasty Tyres

bloodycrashboy

• Member For: 10y 2m 22d

I never ever run a tyre down to 5 mm of tread ,I buy new ones before that happens .tyres are the only thing that can save your live in an emergency . no matter how good you can drive ,the tyre is the hero in an emergency

• Like 2

so no one here drives there car in the rain ? and no one lets there girlfriend drive there car with a kid in the car ? because I would never let someone else drive a car with slippery tyres . hope no one here is in my area ,so at least I know I will not get hit by a out of control car driven by a innocent wife or girl friend .or worse look at the car with a deceased loved one in it .

just imagine what sort of damage this car could have done if the tyre burst .only due to buying sh*t tyres . and not realising the problem and kept driving as he did .

Edited by gunna

• Member For: 10y 4m 30d

so no one here drives there car in the rain ? and no one lets there girlfriend drive there car with a kid in the car ? because I would never let someone else drive a car with slippery tyres . hope no one here is in my area ,so at least I know I will not get hit by a out of control car driven by a innocent wife or girl friend .or worse look at the car with a deceased loved one in it .

just imagine what sort of damage this car could have done if the tyre burst .only due to buying sh*t tyres . and not realising the problem and kept driving as he did .

Not that your point is invalid BUT would you let said innocents drive your ute with 300rwkw and sh*tty commercial tyres on it in the wet.

My triton which has four perfectly good commercial tyres on it broke loose on me at 90kmh in the wet out at daybora just last Friday. I was coasting through a corner in a 100 zone as im already cautious of how sketchy it is. Cars coming the other way and all. I may have gone the wrong way about honing my driving skills but I was very glad I had them. I let the wheel go and caught it and after a couple of seconds in the slide gave the brake a little tap and it came back. Alot of people would have just grabbed the brake and continued in whatever direction the were facing. No I dont think im a hero, I farkin sh*t myself and the heart wouldnt calm down for like 10 min. I was very shaken. Just glad I reacted the way I did.

Driver ability and education trumps all IMO.

• Like 2

I tell you what these yokohama delivery stars are absolutely amazing in the dry and wet . they hang on in the dry like you would not believe ,for 215 60 16 commercial tyre they are very good . in the wet they are also good ,not brilliant but they do nothing that would make you not feel secure . on the highway they do not ever feel like they are going to aquaplane ,unless you are stupid and unleash the 312 rwkw . cornering are also no problems with these tyres . they are a very soft compound and are going to wear out fast . we fitted the tyres onto jakes fg turbo ute (317 rwkw )just for a laugh ,and even he thought that they gripped better than his 245 40 17 inch tyres that he had on (no brand name tyres )

I have done driver education classes plus advanced driving classes ,and I tell you I thought I was a great driver . we had to do emergency braking test ,I past them all till he kicked a witches hat out onto the track just as I wanted to brake . all I could do is press that pedal harder and lock up all wheels at the same time . his comment was that 99 % of people do exactly the same as I had done . now if that is a child it would have been not alive no more .it happened that fast , after that I said to my self wow I just completely froze for that split second and I could do nothing to prevent it . so the only thing that helps is abs brakes and good quality tyres (that are not bald )

P1010054_zps1ee10f69.jpg

• Feeling the Love :-)
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 19d

I live in the tropics Gunna, you don't know the meaning of rain until you have driven through a tropical downpour.

we can often experience 100mm of rainfall in an hour or so!

I also ride motorcycles, I know all about the contact patch, and how small it really is.

For me riding or driving in the rain is a very cautious affair, as for in the dry, LET HER RIP !!!!

also, in the dry 5mm of tread is more than ample