Carbon Cs88 And Forgiato Voce Tyre Review

MattyP

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 24d

Well after attempting to do plenty of research on both of these tyres google and nothing really came up as to give me a good indication so I deicded to bite the bullet and be the Guinea pig.

First up

The Carbon CS88 all round in a 245/35/20 on the front and a 275/30/20 on the rear.

The rear carbons didn't last very long (all though that could be driving style) and only got around 10000kms out of them. And when they really started to run out they were quiet scary in the wet (once again my single pegger probably doesn't help. I managed an 11.7 at the strip with them when they were fresh but with a 2.1 60ft and a limiter bash in 3rd. I was taking it easy though as I have a stock driveline still. On the streets at first they gripped ok couldnt contain second but would contain 3rd but as they got on even in the dry they would struggle badly with second gear launches. The fronts are still going really well at 10000. still looks like ive got at least another 15 in em easily. Once again in the dry they do suprisingly well for a $90 tyre. They rears were fairly noisy as they wore on but the fronts are still adequate.

Would I buy this tyre again?

Possibly for the price on the fronts (90) and rears (115) they do the job, not well, but they get it done. Next tyre for the front will probably be a Kumho KU31 or an ATR Sport 2 as I would like some more grip on the front

Next Tyre

The Forgiato Voce UHP in a 275/30/20 for the Rears Only

As above the CS88 rears have not lasted very long and was up for a new set of rears. After looking around at all the usuals I found this tyre on Taleb Tyres Ebay store and for the price of 2 ($199 fitted) I couldn't go past it. These seem like a better quality tyre. They seem softer and the tread looks more aggressive. It shows this on the street (I haven't had a chance to take it to the drags yet) but it just lets second go, with a LSD im pretty sure itll hold it. Which I think is pretty impressive so far. Alot less road noise from the back also. These tyres have improved my traffic light grand prix time significantly. I'm very impressed with the way these are performing (could you tell?) so far. As I am only 500kms into them I think it maybe premature to call them as a long term solution but we will see it goes over the next few months but very impressed so far. Also the service and speed from Taleb was beyond Impressive, If you see tempe tyres keep driving because just down the road a far better and cheaper shop exist.

Would I buy this tyre again?

If it lasts me more than say 5000kms than for the price I couldn't beat that value even if they do need replacing.

I don't even know if anyone will read this but I sure hoped someone had written something similar while I was shopping around for new tyres

Carbon CS88

post-51103-0-54634100-1420357887_thumb.j

Forgiato Voce

post-51103-0-27788100-1420357912_thumb.j

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 9y 4m 1d

I had those cs88 as they were on the car when I bought it. Absolutely rubbish, horrible in the wet. Had a few brown pants moments with them in the wet, sh*t grip in the dry aswell and noisy as f*ck. Even my stock xr6t could turn them with ease. Not to mention they wore very quick.

Replaced them with Achilles art sport, which I don't know if they will be much better but came within budget. Next will be a set of hankooks or something similar.

245/35/19s all round fyi