HI PSI

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 24d

Sweet,good choice mate. I think it's an excellent move. Keen to see how you tackle integration with the stock system.

I got very excited about the proefi units as they do plug and play blackoak and Spanishoak pcm's for the us market but unfortunately they won't talk to the ford aus bem/security protocols

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

I installed a cheap EGT sender into a mates landcruiser exhaust manifold over 5 years ago

Driven everyday and it reads temps up to 700 degrees, hasn't broken off or given up

Hopefully that helps put your mind at ease a little bit

• Member For: 10y 6m 17d

The time saved in tuning with the haltech will make the purchase worthwhile, great ecu almost anyone could tune it after looking at the software for 5 mins. Definetly one of the top most user friendly Ecu software on the market.

Did you buy a dash aswell? The dash software is the opposite to the haltech it's a pain in the ass to use haha

Edited by eff xr6t

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 16d

The elite is a very good ecu base that can be set to do anything and is proving to be a popular choice

That being said did you look at the motec M1 ?

Edited by Womend Bellbat

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6d

aftermarket ECU's might be "easy to tune" but are difficult to integrate with the stock system on modern Falcon's. Testament to this fact is the huge percentage of unsuccessful attempts at such a feat.

But if you're willing to put in the time and effort, I'm sure you'll be successful :) good luck.

• Member For: 17y 10m 22d

The gentleman that I spoke to about cam control, has an elite in his personal car. So, I should be ok there..

The elite is a very good ecu base that can be set to do anything and is proving to be a popular choice

That being said did you look at the motec M1 ?

To be honest, I didn't even look at the Motec at all. I haven't heard of one being use in a Falcon and as I have already blown the budget way out, I cannot afford to be to be the pioneer.

On 10/24/2015 at 8:59 AM, eff xr6t said:

The time saved in tuning with the haltech will make the purchase worthwhile, great ecu almost anyone could tune it after looking at the software for 5 mins. Definetly one of the top most user friendly Ecu software on the market.

Did you buy a dash aswell? The dash software is the opposite to the haltech it's a pain in the ass to use haha

Yes, I puchased the IQ3 display dash, Wideband, Flex fuel, boost solenoid and all the associated sensors. I'm still looking into EGT's and I would really appreciate advice on the subject..

On 10/24/2015 at 7:27 AM, Wilko16 said:

I installed a cheap EGT sender into a mates landcruiser exhaust manifold over 5 years ago

Driven everyday and it reads temps up to 700 degrees, hasn't broken off or given up

Hopefully that helps put your mind at ease a little bit

As the EGT's will be pre-turbo, I am worried about the failures damaging the turbo. I'm starting to research EGT's that are used in extreme conditions. Like these...

http://www.exhaustgas.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=1124&DepartmentID=&CategoryID=&RepID=&BasketID=

• Member For: 10y 6m 17d

The haltech setups I've tuned don't have Egts on them ATM but we are changing to it when the new motor goes in. Did you go the can wideband controller? They have the ability of WOT lambda corrections don't they?

Did you buy the expensive as f@ck pressure sensors off haltech? Instead of buying multiple sensor from haltech we just bought one sensor then my mate got some CAT truck sensors and I just pressure vs voltage matched them made it a lot cheaper when the sensors are $250 a pop.

• Member For: 17y 10m 22d

A mate that had previously gone down the Motec path, advised me to go with AEM sensors. They are very well priced and come with all the scaling information.

I went with the: HT059976 WBC1 - Single Channel CAN O2 Wideband Controller Kit. Btw, Haltech has a special running this month, where you get a free CAN module with the dash.

Displayed, is a water temp sensor.

DRcSt7s.jpg

Edited by HI PSI

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

As the EGT's will be pre-turbo, I am worried about the failures damaging the turbo. I'm starting to research EGT's that are used in extreme conditions. Like these...

http://www.exhaustgas.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=1124&DepartmentID=&CategoryID=&RepID=&BasketID=

Yeah I installed it when I did a turbo conversion on a 1HZ motor

Used the EGT readings straight out of number 6 exhaust port to adjust how much I wound the fuel up

I'm sure if you buy a decent sensor like the one above you will be fine!

I was just comparing a $100 sensor I ordered off eBay lasting 5 years pre turbo

• Like 1

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 16d

To be honest, I didn't even look at the Motec at all. I haven't heard of one being use in a Falcon and as I have already blown the budget way out, I cannot afford to be to be the pioneer.

I don't know of anyone with an elite in their falcon ......

I think ull be lacing up those pioneering boots tight !!

• Like 1