HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 3d

Thanks Keith. It seems that that method is no longer able to be used.  :-(

I have now downloaded all of the pictures. How do I go about updating all of the links in the thread?

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

use a text file...

copy the post number by the "posted" link on each post into the text file, then upload those images in that post to imgur or whatever you want to use then copy the links of each image for the specific post underneath each post number in the text file.

Then copy the contents of the entire text file to Rab or me via PM and we'll fix up the posts you mention. :)

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I've sent Keith a new lot of re-uploaded pictures for the thread. Major regrets about posting so many pictures, as it has taken MANY hours and I'm only up to page 8.  FML...

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

future people will silently appreciate the extra effort you're taking here :):spoton:

:pics: are the core of this thread and many others, making the effort worthwhile.

• Like 2

Thanks Cosmo, I have a small update for you..

AS some would know, we decided to remove the factory engine management altogether. Being the the Haltech was spliced into to it to maintain some functions, it turned into a rather complex, time consuming task. While it was all out, we installed/wired in:

• Installed and wired the thermocouples and amplifiers
  • Installed a exhaust manifold backpressure sensor
  • Launch control module - More of that at a latter date.
  • Strain Gauge
  • Gear position sensor

While the harness was out, we decided to install Motorsport Connectors for the engine harness and thermocouples. This will make the removal of each  extremely painless and time effective process, as well as neat. I went and checked on the progress of the changes on the weekend and I must say that the workmanship is amazing.. Here's a pic of one of the Motorsport Connector wiring.. 

x8TYPXw.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

After nearly 6 months, the wiring is completed and installed in the car. I cannot begin to describe my feeling of joy and relief. I really feel like crying..

I know that some will wonder why it has taken so long. The extended duration was due to my wiring guy having a full time job (At the mines), which involves being away from home. Given my familiarity with these circumstances, it has taken substantially longer than normal. However, the man is absolutely fastidious with his work and I'm sure that when you view the pictures below, you will attest to the wait being justifiable. AS you can see, we cut the harness just past the firewall and added a Motorsport connector. This will allow us to completely disconnect the wiring harness in one spot (Except coils), if engine removal is required. I wish that I'd thought of it the first time around.... We've done the same with the Thermocouple amplifiers to allow for ease of removal/installation. Note that they amplifiers are not yet installed into the  engine management compartment and that they will be mounted on top of thew wideband and I/O expander modules... 

So, the beast has been fired, but we had a small trigger issue. It seems to be losing it's home(Can't remember exact term)..  We'll put it on a scope and suss it out...

DLq3DGB.jpg

C0Q2QAH.jpg

SvVImAC.jpg

• Like 10

• 2 weeks later...