HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 25d
On 10/5/2017 at 2:29 PM, Ralph Wiggum said:

Thanks Brian, will be interesting to see how it performs at high revs Assume your running spark cut on the shift? 

Yes James, I will be running an ignition cut. This will likely be combined with a fuel cut.

Btw, I ended up purchasing a set of HC800 and NS400 pads. I look forward to pushing them hard... The front caliper brackets have been modified and should be mounted soon.

zZZG54j.jpg

On 10/5/2017 at 4:00 PM, JETURBO said:

Love how Dave and Terry keep the thread alive 

He is a cheeky bugger and quite witty...

The replacement parts fro the sequential shifter have arrived. I had planned on changing them out today. But, I had some tax stuff to chase up. I wasn't really keen on the idea, but I am getting a very health return. And I need fund a new alloy blocked Cleveland...

8a2BCfs.jpg

The car will be heading to my wiring guy's home for a few weeks to get the gear position sensor, strain gauge, manifold back pressure sensor and EGT wired. I don't envy him....

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got the shifter fitted, again.. I currently have 1st, neutral and reverse gear. Can't check second gear changes until I get the car started (Odyssey battery died). I machined a lot of material from the gear knob,  to accept the strain gauge and for it to be almost completely covered.

ofBNU8c.jpg

nQwp7Ai.jpg

I also fitted the caliper brackets and a caliper. Check out the clearance on the 19' Vertini Drifts.... New HC800 pads for the front and NS400 for the rear.

P2twLbm.jpg

• Like 4

I had a few teething issues,  as the Magnum has a slight variation with the distance that the sector travels. Simon was extremely helpful and sent the parts promptly.

I removed the whole console and  installed the shifter in car. Fitting was reasonably straight forward. However, there is a metal shim that is installed between the baseplate and the shifter.  It requires sealant on both sides and I  found it to be rather tedious and messy.  I  later called  Simon and and replaced the shim with gasket paper of the same thickness.  It has made the process substantially quicker and easier.  

The shifter reqires a bit of metal to be removed and I have ordered a Navara dust cover to full the void as seal the area. I haven't installed it yet, so cannot confirm how successful it will be..

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I think that it's about time that I re-upload the pictures in the thread. Can anyone tell me how to download the whole folder from Photobucket? As they no longer have the "download folder" option in the actions section.  I managed to get some using a download client, however they are rather small in size (under 100 kb). Can anyone tell me if  these will be sufficient size to use as replacements??

Cheers

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 9d

Does this instructional help? I don't have a PB account to check for sure.

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/download-albums-photobucket-computer-47030.html

You can use imgur instead of PB, with or without an account.