HI PSI

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 17y 10m 3d

A  small update.. 

I decided to have a little time away from the car. as I was really starting to resent it. My life revolved around it and my daughter and and I wasn't getting any time to myself. So, for the past week or so, I have chilled at home...

Over the past few days, I  removed all of the seats and fitted the new leather. It came out quite nice, but my OCD will eventually get the better of me, as there are a few areas that are a touch baggy, and as a result, it is not taut in all areas. Despite this, I only have the headrests on the front seats to go...

After fitting the Elite.  we had a little gremlin that was causing the drive by wire when cranking when the key was set to ignition. The DBW would throw codes, lose calibration  and disable itself. This would result in the car revving at  around 1,700 rpm, while being mega rich.  by  It was a constant source of frustration  and we chased it's source when my wiring guy was available. Through point to point testing, we found that the accelerator pedal was wired incorrectly, so we rectified the error and  the car starts and runs perfectly. 

We took the car for a drive and did some more road tuning and we're pretty happy with where it's at. However, we have not done any serious power runs, as we this would be a serious safety issue for both us and other road users. Let alone risk ending up in court and having the car impounded.  I have approached a few of our local performance shops and we're finding it difficult to dry a dyno. I have booked a Saturday morning at one shop (In 4 weeks time), but I have a feeling that it will not come to fruition.. 

Edited by HI PSI

• 1 month later...

That is Daryn's car and formerly Spiro's.....   It's an old video, all before he had the dramas with TBRE. I wonder who put it up ????? As I definitely wasn't Daryn...

We fixed the DBW, it turns out that we had made an error with the wiring.  We were going to hit the dyno last Saturday, but the alternator decided not to play ball.. So that was canned. The car is now at home, so I'm giving it a  bit of love and finishing  and changing some of the cosmetics. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have been very busy of late, so not much has changed. I'm waiting on Strecchlon (Vacuum form plastic) to arrive, so that I can skin some carbon onto the dash spears and console parts.  Here is a pic of a spear that has been prepped for skinning. I have made the mould for the DJR320 front splitter, so it will be made soon. 

20160430_181040_zps6ummp4tm.jpg

I managed to find some time yesterday to fit the BF tail lights and the new rear bar. I apologise for the quality of the pic.

20160430_161242_zpsfoce5rnn.jpg

• Like 9

Looks tough as nails, Brad! 

Thanks Keith. It's starting to get there...   Still got a bit of work to do yet though.

I managed to get Joel ( My tuna :mosking:) up on Saturday and we spent about 3 hours on the road tuning.  Basically, we were just doing 3rd gear pulls  and set the fuel map, then started to screw some timing into it. Got got 20 psi with 14 degrees timing before we saw detonation. So we pulled it back to 8 and left it. We were just starting to have a bit of a play with the cams, when I started to lose clutch pedal. Initially, we thought that we had boiled the clutch fluid, as the teflon line runs pretty close to the exhaust. But I think that it maybe be something a bit more sinister... At the moment, it's an even way bet that the floating plate ( Of the twin plate clutch) may be sticking and not allowing the it to disengage. Or that the spigot has failed and not allowing the input shaft to stop spinning.  Lionel (My engine guy) has graciously offered a lend of his hoist, so we'll know more then.

Other than that, the car was pulling like a freight train and I could not get the smile of my face. We were only revving to 6,000 rpm  and it certainly felt like it could spin harder.  Now, I just have to come up with some coin, so that I can get it to the hub dyno in Harvey Bay and feed it some E85....

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 3