Rhythmic Ticking From Rear Once Car Has Been Driven And Clunk When Tur

Adzr6

• Member For: 9y 5m 16d

Hey guys

Just noticed going through Maccas drive through slowly that I get a continuous clunking sound as the car moves

slowly when the steering wheel is not straight as well as a rhythmic ticking sound once the car has been driven that eventually comes to a stop once the car has been stationary for long enough.

The car is a 2011 Fg Ute Xr6turbo with around 68,000 kms on the clock so its still a baby and it is still under warranty. WIll be bringing it in this week to the shop to get checked out but

want to know if anyone has had any similar problems with theirs and point me in the right direction. Cheers guys

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 6d

is it a click or a clunk ? Had click a few cars ago that drove me spare. Ended up being a loose

wheel balancing weight.

edit. the muppets at fraud couldn't locate it after 3 attempts.

best left to the amateur ( me)

Edited by Buf-Phoon
  • Like 1

• Member For: 9y 5m 16d

when im inside of the car its a continuous clunking sound as im steering either left or right at low speeds which I can hear and feel from the rear but in addition to that say I drive for a couple of minutes and then jump out of the car while my car is idling I can also hear a clicking/ticking sound from the rear that is rhythmic and this is also the case when the car is off (its not the exhaust system cooling off).

haha and yeah trust ford or any other dealer to make your life a living hell with a warranty claim

Edited by Adzr6

• Member For: 14y 10m 7d

if its not moving it cant be the drive train, if it clicks when moving slowly when turing slightly it may be the limited slip diff... mine did that, they changed the oil and yes it stopped.....well it stopped long enough for me to swap the diff with the one that had an aftermartek diff, and then I sold the over one, so I don't know if the problem went away, but my diff is now nice and quiet.. although I now only have one ute.... sad..