Ba Xr6T Problem

Lukee64

• Member For: 9y 7m 21d

So I can't find a problem forum if one even exists, but I'm hoping someone will know what I'm going on about and will be able to help me solve it!

So I've got an 2004 Ba xr6t and I put my foot down one day (as you do) and heard a clunk sorta noise and a lost a sh*t load of power.

Now when I'm driving if I put my foot on the accelerator lightly it will drive fine, will even boost up slowly and keep accelerating but as soon as I put my foot flat it'll cut out power, feels identical as to traction control turning on like the shudder feeling and cuts power until I let go of the accelerator.

Taken it to the mechanics over and over again and he just can't find what it is.

Checked the turbo flange, 02 Sensor been replaced, got a new exhaust system, so its not leaking out of anywhere.

Anyone else had this problem and fixed it???????

Also didn't mention we had it hooked up to the scanner device at the mechanics and the 02 sensor failure was the only engine code that came up.

Fixed that now no codes are displayed when he runs it though.

Nothing in the traction control section either

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 13d

I had something similar, turned out to be an air leak due to a loose intercooler hose. Too much air getting in and causing the engine to temporarily shut down when boost comes on.

See if this thread is similar to your issue. http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/86242-ba-mk2-turbo-cutting-out-shaking-and-stalling/#entry1424577

Yeah thanks guys, took it to ford today and his gonna hook it up to the scan tool again in a few days and check coil packs, spark plugs etc try find the issue

Hopefully they can find it not enough powerrrr with it not boosting properly! :drivingalong: