08 Fg Xr6T Ute

camo86T

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 30d
On 02/05/2016 at 9:58 AM, camo86T said:

Quality is good? Gunna order a pair for the front to fix some lame offset on the spare rims.

My tyre place said bolt on is perfectly fine for street use. They said torque the nut to the same torque of wheels nuts I.e  125nm. Is that what you did? Cheers

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 30d

I tried to msg them. No more in stock :( 

See what they say otherwise might try those gktech ones that many jap cars use (if they make 70.5mm CB).

Thanks....also did you even put full car pic in the thread yet? 

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 13d

Plenty of other ebay sellers doing falcon spacers, maybe not 20mm though

Full car pic happens when it's washed and at new ride height, and not before

Comment above my avatar is FACT

• 1 month later...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 2m 13d

Been doing some serious thinking of late as to my next move on the ute

Sitting in a back room I have new springs F+R, shocks and superpro bushes all round to go in. 

Also have a trutrac centre to be fitted when diff is re-built, it has a huge amount of backlash right now which pisses me off daily

But on to other things, since it's a manual and it gets a bit of a workout with the occasional nudge of the limiter I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time before the pump gears disintegrate.

On that note I have a funny feeling that my timing chain may have jumped a tooth or two lately...still goes hard but to my ears it just sounds a tiny bit rougher than it used to; could also be the tune needs just a slight touch up, it's been well over 12 months.

So I'm thinking along the lines of atomic oil pump exchange, and timing chain and guides if required.

Anybody got an opinion on 12mm head studs at 20psi / 438rwkw (e85) - not necessary?

Would love to take some time off work next month, get the diff re-built, change suspension & bushes, shorten tail shaft centre bearing spacers to suit new height (50~60mm lower most likely), have it pre-booked at CMS and get the other work done straight after...just seems like a total pipe dream at the moment...family business isn't all beer and skittles unfortunately

• 1 month later...
  • ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 25d

Looking good camo !

ute's are shocking for Diff's in general when standard but once built can take a flogging and hook well with some tramp bars and fat tyres but the ultimate has to be that IRS kit Ozzy put in his ute 

if you need a hook up on the atomic gear just shout out ;) 

factory head bolts at 23psi with a GTX frame on E85 is more than suitable "IF" the tuning is done correctly 

• Like 1

• XR50T
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 24d

Looks sweet Camo.

Its on the roof Pete. I wish Ford left it like the B series in the rear window, would have looked a lot better.