How To Start A Pty Ltd Co

PAH

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 9d

Hi Guys,

I've been working as a sole trader for years. The crowd I work for now demand Pty Ltd status. I was directed to this crowd and found them very helpful. www.incorporator.com.au

I found their services to be very reasonably priced and Neil has given me very good help on a number of occasions.

If you need a Pty Ltd Co, check these guys out.

PAH

Edited by PAH

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 6d

you should just get you accountant to do it. That way they can structure it correctly. Sometimes a unit trust or a discretionary trust is a better option. For example if it is through a discretionary trust you can give income to your wife or children at tax time.

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

It's actually what I do as well - bit more expensive, but give hardcopy/corporate register (not just pdf's) and provide a proper constitution.

Also do trusts, super and other stuff as well.

We lose the occasional customer on price, but they usually return fairly quickly.

As said above - accountant is the best person to know what structure to setup initially, both for taxation and also financial protection.

Would definitely be worth having a chat to one asap - it can be hard/messy/risky/costly to change things around later.

They'll also be able to let you know what you need to do differently as a company than as a sloe trader.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 6d

If you do it, remember that money in a trust or company is not just your own money to spend as you please. Trusts must make distributions and companies can give dividends and loans. Many people just pull money out of their company and the ato deems it to be a dividend under division 7a and they get slugged with a tax debt.

I'm not an accountant, so go and see one :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD