2009 Vs 2010 Fg Front Seat Airbags

bentles

• Member For: 15y 5m 28d

hey guys
got a 2009 FG xr6t
it was optioned up with curtain and seat airbags
it has cloth seats
I bought some 2010 FG 50th anniversary leather seats
the only problem I have run into, is the front seats.
they both have 3 plugs
2 of the 3 plugs go straight in, but the 3rd plug for the airbag has the locators in a different spot.
my plug in my original seats is green and the plug in the new seats is black. the actual shape is the same, but they use locating sliders to make sure you dont plug the wrong plug into the wrong connector, which are different.

Both seats have airbags in them, but im pretty sure in the 2010 the seat airbags were standard fitment but in the 2009 they were optional.

anyone gotten past this before?
worst case I can probably get access to a 2009 FG XT seat and see if they run a resistance plug to stop airbag light from coming on and run them
but if anyone has just switched the plugs on the seats, or ground down the locating slider channels on the seat plug id like to hear about it.
can't swap the entire airbag from seat to seat because the airbag is sewn into the seat fabric

• 3 years later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 2m 10d

Hey guys,
Sorry to bring up an old thread,
Facing the same issue, bought leather XR6 seats off a wreckers and my airbag plugs are green on my 2012 FG and the new seats have a black plug...
currently I'm running the seats with no seat airbags with a airbag warning light...what's the best way around this?

• 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • Member For: 2y 10m 13d
On 21/05/2018 at 5:10 PM, 4321 said:

Had this on mine, assuming its the same it nearly plugged in but after a 'trim' of the side lugs with a razor blade it plugged in & never turned the light on.

I know this was an old thread, had same problem with my F6 with black and green airbag plugs. I ended up buying another pair of seats BUT. cutting off the lugs did it work or had it played up since????