What Middle Muffler For Bf Xr6 T

rollex

• Member For: 9y 9m 20d

So I had my middle muffler removed on my stock bf xr6 t and it sounded really nice, maybe a little loud on cold start idle. Anyway now I've had a 4" dump and 4" cat section added it is quite loud, pretty obnoxious really, sounds nice but don't really want the attention.

What do people recommend straight through wise for the mid section to take some of the volume out but not silence it too much?

• Member For: 12y 3m 15d

Custom or two bullet type straight through resonators - "hot dog"style - or hunt down a manta twin 63 centre section. That will bolt up to the stock rear muffler and stock front pipes.

And .... dare I say it - maybe put the stock centre section back on and see if it still sounds loud enough but avoids defect notices....

• Member For: 9y 9m 20d

They simply cut the stock muffler out and put twin pipes in place of it, can't easily put it back. Two hotdogs might work, not sure how much volume they will take out though.

Also I've noticed a metallic sort of buzzing noise from the dump + cat, is this normal for a stainless system, eg the buzzing comes from the actual metal not the exhaust note. Do they line with carbon and get better over time?

Edited by rollex