I Jet's Bf F6 Ute Build

I JET

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 24d

^ I use to work as a mechanic. I got out of the trade about 6 years ago because the money is shocking. When I finished my apprenticeship I stayed on at tafe for a further 3 years and did a Diplomer in Mechanical Engineering while working as a mechanic. When I was in my 3rd year of that course I left the mechanical trade and began working as a Fitter doing mainly shut down work. Through that work I gained contacts and was offered a job at a local engineering firm as a Mechanical Designer.

were we separated at birth or something? ProE user here

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 3m 17d

10. Airbox. Continued...

• Nutserts all in

OhFIei3.jpg?1

• Foam seal for the lid just to finish it off and fill any gaps between the two pieces.

3JNFKqD.jpg?1

• Rubber seal for the intake, again just to finish it off and seal up the gaps. I was only able to get a small amount of the rubber seal. I was hoping to run some around the bottom of the sides as well. Will come back to this at a later stage after its tuned.

MTvXcg1.jpg?1

• Side and intake installed, this had to be installed as one.

W7l7VAi.jpg?1

gAKe8fi.jpg?1

• Lid on and stickered up. I'm pretty happy with the result. I still want to seal up the bottom a bit better so it is forced to draw more cold air from underneath the headlight. I will revisit this when I get some more of the rubber seal.

jmG6SVW.jpg?1

2Otq6H8.jpg?1

R7t3Ps3.jpg?1

• Like 1

11. Few picks of the finished engine bay. Car is going in for its tune this coming Tuesday at CMS. Will update thread as it all happens.

eFMjjBv.jpg?2

f8GXcEV.jpg?2

• Like 7

Impressive stuff man, well done... I wish I had the tools/time to do my own fabricating, it really shows your skills!

Thanks mate, I enjoyed your build thread. Love them GT335 wheels. I think I'll be getting a set of those in the future. Yeah fab work is easy if you have the right tools. I wish I had access to a CNC and a laser cutter. I have a work friend who's father owns a machine shop. He designs and makes all his own parts for his old porsche race car....eg complete billet control arms, wheel hubs, billet rear sub frame, intake manifolds...I wish I had access to that shop. Id be there all weekend making cool sh!t for my car.

were we separated at birth or something? ProE user here

that's funny mate. I mainly use Inventor for all my 3d work but due to some clients, I also use solidworks & of course good old autocad.

nice write up Jet so when the backyard cricket on............... :pandalol: :pandalol:

I think around the christmas / new year period there will be a few games played.....I should show you all whats behind the back fence

Replaced the diff oil today just to be safe. It was done about 6000kms / 1 year ago. I was expecting it to be a little more discolored after hearing other peoples experiences. It still looked pretty good so I'm happy about that but changed it anyway. Its going to be getting a workout next week. Last time I changed the diff oil it was midnight black / dark brown........Also dropped in a new drycell battery.

Edited by I JET