I Jet's Bf F6 Ute Build

I JET

• Member For: 11y 3m 12d

Decided to do a build thread so I have all my mods documented in one place.

ZMETg7Z.jpg?2

BF2 - 2007 - #0166 - Lightning Strike Silver - Manual - 80,000km - Fully optioned - Est 350rwkw (getting tuned this week)

I bought this ute in January 2013. I found it on carsales, it was up in North Sydney.The guy I bought it from was the original owner and still had all the original documents and receipts from Ford which was nice. I did see a total figure of $67,000 when he bought it new. Geeez. lot of money for a ute.

I payed 22k for it. It was in really good condition cosmetically. 64,000km on the clock. Completely bone stock. Exactly what I wanted. The only issue it had was the hard lid didn't really fit properly which I came to learn was a problem with the factory lids. I ended up fixing it thought --> http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/89197-babf-factory-hardlid-fitment-issues-my-solution/

The turbo gave up the ghost after a few months of abuse but this was due to lack of maintenance by the previous owner and the standard oil feed line blocking. I replaced the core, installed an earls feed line with filter & also changed the exhaust housing while it was out to a modified one (ported, wastegate flap)

I've been collecting mods over the past year or so. As tempting as it was to go get some injectors, a cat and a tune, I patiently waited as I decided early on the power figure I ultimately wanted, do it right the first time.

I had a bad bike accident a few months back so while I'm not able to ride, I decided to just buy the remaining mods I need and get the car going like I always wanted.

1. I did my own battery relocation early on in the piece in preparation for a turbo side intake. Was pretty cheap to do. I mounted a battery box to the floor behind the drivers seat. Ran the +positive cable under the right side trim/scuff guards and up through the firewall where the clutch master is. This was an easy mod.

k0ydlAz.jpg?1

2. Decided to get a HID conversion kit. Just a cheap flebay one but it does the job and came with 2 years warranty. Not a bad kit considering the price. My last car had zenons, they are leaps and bounds ahead of the standard H4's

GbFUBen.jpg?1

• Right side ballast & controller. Mounted to the battery tray. May as well use it for something.

yG7v47S.jpg?1

• Left side ballast. Standard airbox wont be going back in.

BGdhFLU.jpg?1

• They are hectic bright. Need to point them down slightly (ask pixy angel)

dwpM13E.jpg?1

3. Brakes. Still rocking the original rotors and the fronts are pretty farked. Replaced with a set of DBA T3 Clubspec slotted rotors. Brembo Pads had been replaced by the previous owner just before I bought the car so I resurfaced them and re installed.

886QwI8.jpg?1

AWC15Xf.jpg?1

• Like 2

4. Handling........ On the front I went with Bilstiens & King Spring KFFL-57-520 + some new sway bar rubbers.

On the rear I went with pedders heavy duty reverse eye leafs, Whiteline rear sway bar & new bushes throughout.

Ccusnqy.jpg?1

gkDzZF8.jpg?2

9arhbfH.jpg?1

OiBC8ka.jpg?2

L5pLVhh.jpg?2

5. Intercooler....This was an easy choice. Process West stage 3 kit. Set and forget. I like the idea of the throttle body relocation and I was also keen to replace the factory hotside piping. PW is local so I went down and saw Kev and put my order in.

MKgf8YZ.jpg?1

lvO8aJ5.jpg?2

• Everything removed, waiting for new cooler

9PSsz4C.jpg?2

• The beast arrived

iXIyB0M.jpg?2

w7QSYRw.jpg?3

yoINqGM.jpg?2

• After a little cutting, she's installed all plumbed up.

LMax2Jh.jpg?2

QnsHhQe.jpg?2

YAw84XF.jpg?2

5OJbgyh.jpg?1

• Like 2

6. Turbo....I was planing to just upgrade the turbo actuator to a 12psi unit. When I removed the stock actuator, I inspected the operation of the flapper and I found it was clashing on the housing wall due to excessive play in the bush. So off came the turbo. I decided to play it safe and get my spare stock housing modified. At lease this way I no I wont run into any problems.

• You can see the mark on the housing where it was touching.

X8IX0eB.jpg?2

• Turbo removed

KTuUUwD.jpg?2

• Swapping housings

an4Ix6R.jpg?2

• New modified housing fitted
  • New actuator fitted
  • New studs & nuts

Yn9SHdw.jpg?1

ABD2gQD.jpg?1

• Installed back on car

RxkiNRr.jpg?3

I'll Continue with the thread tommorrow guys its getting late.

Hope the mods don't mind but I've reserved the next couple of post's so my build thread will be all togeather instead of spread over all the place. (only allowed certain number of pics per post)

• Like 2

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 18d

Not sure about having the battery installed in the cab. Don't like that a lot actually, but that's just me. The rest however I love. I plan very similar mods soon. Also, showing some love for your ute & doing it all right, big totes mate

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 15d

Billet wheel!

Also coming along very nicely

Looks great mate although I would be a bit cautious with the battery in the cab

• Like 2

Cheers. Yeah I know what you guys are saying about the battery. There is pros and cons to having it there. My only concern is that it's not vented to the outside. I'm comfortable with the mount & location. I don't like some of the other locations and im not interested in putting it in the tray all though it may end up there.