Fg Mk2 Xr6T Owner What Have You Done To Your Car So Far.

bens-xr6t

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 2d

Hi guys just want to know if any fg mk2 owner out there. And what mods and anything else they have done to their cars to improve it. Also wondering if and one has install gauges for mk2 yet cheer in advance

Perth guy hey?

I think everyone will tell you to use the search button and to read the build threads lol Plenty of threads to read and you will see what mods worked for them, etc

You've been a member for over a year so you should know where to look around :P

​In terms of gauges for MKII I think there's a WA company called Top End Audio - pretty expensive though: http://www.topendaudio.com/ford_gauges.php

Not sure if there are other options as I don't have a MKII - so NFI???

Also who did your tune? and how do you go with heatsoak as I didn't notice any mention of intercooler!

Exhaust looks good....it will definitely be a love it or hate it thing (as many people on here tend to bag out things that aren't meant to be on a turbo 6 - like the quad tips and v8 bonnets)...but each to their own is the saying and if you like it then that's good! Does it drone much?

P.S. this thread is definitely in the wrong section I.e. BRAKES - I'm sure a mod may move it eventually (if it annoys them enough lol)

XRSEXT, on 08 Oct 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

Where do I start?? lol

Is that the rapids cooler? Looks like a Plazmaman turbo side intake....and just wanting to know what hot side piping that is and whether there is much clearance space?

Edited by PTR_NITRO_FG

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 3m 26d

How did you go about quad exhaust? is that an aftermarket grill or is it a custom job?

Xr6tman, I am in the same boat. I am wondering about the rear apron.At a closer look at the pic, it looks like a custom job, where they just cut out the standard apron.

I have been tempted to look for a second hand GS rear apron as that fits the XR6T, I believe.

I am curious as to what exhaust system that is and how much it cost, cause that is what I am after.

• Like 2

• Member For: 9y 9m 2d

I think you're right, looks like a custom job. It's something I'm very keen on doing, I remember when I got my exhaust done I asked about the quad option and they indicated an additional $250 from memory, not sure how it will go noise wise and for air flow...could it be possible to reduce performance do you think?

I will look into this soon, it's my next step after the XR8 bonnet

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

My plan was to get a turno like the GTX3576r and add a 4" dump. From there it would go into a 100 cell cat.

After that a custom flange that went from the 4" into twin 3". From there I would like to use the 3" coyote exhaust all the way to the rear.

The guys at Monsta torque said it would flow well.

I want it to be quiet and sound stock.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Sounding stock is lame Marco! I know you like the understatedness, but aftermarket exhaust helps get rid of diff noise ;) plus it sounds awesome!

• Like 1

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members

It's all about the illusion for the guys in the commonwhores.

I dont like loud exhausts. sh*ts me to no end especially those V8 with all that noise and no grunt to back it up. :P