I'm on a note 3 and it's awesome.

Torrent all the things

128gb micro sd in there as well

Size is great for watching stuff and running torque

Apple are only just now catching up to 2012 tech

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 6d

I phone ....all the bonus gadgets and specs everyone says samsung/ andriod has I never ever notice or use and I like the operating system on iphones better.

My current andriod is giving me the sh*ts and I came from an I phone 5.

When the hype is somewhat over im getting the 6.

• Member For: 10y 4m 30d

I would personally avoid anything samsung unless your going to be installing a custom rom as I find their take on android clunky and annoying.

Any of the Sony, LG or even Motorola(google owns it now) flag ships will serve you well.

I have a Sony Z1 and the missus has a Z2, cant really fault them other than being a tad fragile but that goes for any modern day smartphone really.

The Z1 is one of 5 android phones I have owned and the only one I haven't felt the need to unlock and install custom software, its just right. I also received the latest 4.4.4 update before the missus Z2 which is surprisingly good support of whats now 2 flagships ago. Albeit the same phone as the Z2 and Z3 under the hood.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 20d

Only reason I'd look at an apple solution now is for the itunes integration in the car - my Ipad 2 covers that perfectly. If it was to die and I was looking for a new phone at the same time I'd probably still get a different brand phone and whatever the cheaper iPod or iPad was.

For the folks though - I'll keep them on iPhones - too easy to setup in such a way that even they can't bugger it up or get lost and for continuity.

Am perfectly happy with my Nokia Lumia for the time being and will probably upgrade to another windows phone when the time comes, but I don't really do much more on the phone these days that call, browse, email and message.

If my email was through gmail and I used other google services I'd probably slant towards and android unit.

All my stuff is hotmail/outlook etc so windows phone sits better for me.

RAB!!!!!, iPhone 5 and 6 have a different connector, so it won't work with the iPod cable in the centre console.

If your iPad 2 dies, why not get something second hand like the old iPod classic. :P

I have used the iPhone 4 and 5, the Nokia Lumia 625 and the Samsung S4 and S5 for work purposes.

Got to know how to use most of these devices.

The Siri function on the iPhone is steps if not leaps ahead in comparison to Android. The iPhone has a simple interface and there is not much to configure.

The Samsung is more for people that like to change and configure stuff, like the IT crowd. It does allow for a lot more programs on the google play program in comparison to the apple store.

The windows phone is simple and straight forward if you have used a windows tablet.

I just hate that I have to have an account for all 3 stores to be able to get anywhere. why not have one account across all platforms FFS, this way phone numbers, Photos and other content could be transferred between devices!!!!! I hope all 3 manufactures are tuning in!!!

On my Android device I have the outlook application that allows me to check my hotmail accounts as well.

You can do this on your Windows phone too.

To be honest, I prefer the S5 as it has a massive screen. I have the Telstra stock version of the S5.

I ordered the Korean version of the Samsung S5 Prime and that has a HD screen. They both look the same to be honest, but it has 32GB internal memory in comparison to the Australian stock that only has 16GB.

There is the new note 4 coming out soon. that has a HD screen as well and will have an attachment that allows you to use the phone as an oculus rift. quite interesting really.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/9/3/6098745/samsung-gear-vr-oculus-announcement-hands-on

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 15d

Samsung touchwiz does take a little to get used too but the sheer performance and open aspects far outweigh the disadvantages...

Try torrenting on an iPhone or multi Window.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 28d

Edge is massive..

I'm waiting for it..

iPhone 6 would be good if you just wanted to have an easy upgrade with all your contacts transferred etc..

Samsumg have an app to transfer all your contacts, messages, pictures etc from iPhone to a Galaxy device. It pulls it all from an iTunes backup of your I device.

Used it recently as wife switched from iPhone5 to Galaxy S5 and it worked great.

• Like 1

• Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 2m 19d

RAB!!!!!, iPhone 5 and 6 have a different connector, so it won't work with the iPod cable in the centre console.

If your iPad 2 dies, why not get something second hand like the old iPod classic. :P

I have a modded Airport Express in my car, my Ipad and Iphone pick up the wifi, and stream music beautifully.... none of this compressed bluetooth poo... and no cables either

• Like 1