Bf Mkii Tornado Noob

raised by monkeys

• Member For: 9y 6m 18d

Hi,

I'm a boosted NOOB. Active member on AFF and looking to learn a bit more about boosted cars, particularly the F6 range.
Previously had an XF falcon, EF 5spd XR6 with extensive NA mods and an AU 5spd SII XR8 with some NA mods.

I am just waiting for some finance stuff to clear and I'll get it transported to Adelaide.

I have just committed to buying a 6spd manual BF MKII Tornado. It has 65000kms, totally stock and requires some TLC.

Need to repaint the side skirts and underside of the front bar

repair surface rust under brake booster

clear coat coming off the wheels - might bead blast and paint white

clay bar, cut and polish

once I get it to Adelaide, that will be attended to, but first it will go to Heinrich's performance for:

replace the power steering hose

full service

turbo back exhaust with 100 cell cat dumped at diff

new turbo side filter

CAI (and possibly bore TB and de-bur inlet)

one off mild tune - currently sourcing an xcal 3

SHOCKWORKS suspension package inc. front coilovers and rear adjustable dampers

I have 27mm F&R non adjustable whitline swaybars - might put the rear only on

I'll put pics of the up once the finances has cleared

Can someone tell me the widest offset I can go without rolling the guards

Looking at concave concept cc03's shortly down the track

Edited by raised by monkeys

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 3m 26d

I have 9.5+22 front and 10.5+22 on Tornado and they are flush and don't require rolling if tyres are slightly stretched. 245front 275 Rear. You can bring those out to +12 if you want lots of poke and guard rolling. A 10.5+35 ish Rear would be perfect for max tyre width though. Attached a pic so you can see what it looks like.

post-75718-141042844116_thumb.jpg

paid for the car and it is currently in transport from Mackay to Adelaide. I'll start a build thread soon enough and post some current photos. No real information about the car at this stage, but just to see a before and after TLC and mods. I will pick the car up from the transport depot approx 7.10.14, rego it and take it straight to Heinrich's Performance and Tuning, then to extensive restorations for some paint and panel TLC.

Just do me one favour and don't go too wild with the mods. These utes are too rare to molest

Im hearing you. I only intend to go as far as I have mentioned, possibly upgrade piping and intercooler too, but its only in the best interest of maintaining the life of the turbo and running gear. The plan is to keep it relatively stock and just squeeze a little more performance out of it and ensure that it is running at its best. I'll be keeping all stock components so it can be reverted back to stock also.

• Like 1