Xr6 Turbo For P-Plater <Merged Topic>

jEtONiT

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 1d

Just out of curiousity.

If you currently own and drive a so called banned vehicle for your licence, does this mean you will no longer be able to drive it?

Or is there excemptions or a start date?

Scotty

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 11d
Just out of curiousity.

If you currently own and drive a so called banned vehicle for your licence, does this mean you will no longer be able to drive it?

Or is there excemptions or a start date?

Scotty

Nnnope, the laws dont apply if you get your p's before the set date.

Oh well, looks like im stuck with a snail till im 21.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 24d
What about a Toyota Landcruiser with a big ass bullbar hanging off the front....

No Dags, they are encouraged. Need to get rid of a few of those pesky pedestrians :nod:

I’m with Kimbo on this topic, they need to start focusing on some real edumacation.

• THE PSYCHO XRT
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 10d
What about a Toyota Landcruiser with a big ass bullbar hanging off the front....

No Dags, they are encouraged. Need to get rid of a few of those pesky pedestrians :nod:

I’m with Kimbo on this topic, they need to start focusing on some real edumacation.

I'm with tab here. :nod:

• Member For: 18y 9m 29d

I agree with Zap on a lot of this stuff.. when I was on my Ps, 7 or so years ago, I drove a camira :blush: and then when I was off my p's, a VL, then back to a laser. No doubt I wanted a nice car, but buggered if I could afford a nice car back then, its got me f*cked how P platers afford such nice cars these days :tease: Between all the partying/drinking/coast trips, uni and casual work I was flat out saving $100 a month :nod:

I understand from a P platers point of view if they already own a turbo car or what not, but if not, why not save the money you'd be spending on the car for the next few years, and when you're off your P's you'll not only have a nice deposit for a new car/house or whatever, you'll also have coin for whatever else it is you would like :nod: Besides, from now, till the end of your P's, circumstances change... you might decide you no longer desire a powerful car.

However, at the end of the day, anything can be lethal. It's all too often I see older '92 or there abouts model commodores, falcons with P plates, absolutely hooning.. these cars have the potential to reach 200km/h, and very unsafely at that :tease:

Obviously driver education is the key, but it doesn't matter how much education some one has, it only takes one brain snap and its all over!

• Seriously Flukey Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 28d

I drove like a f*uckwit as an 18 yr old. In my day, a car that ran 14's was pretty quick and my Hemi 6 ran 15.0. It used to smash 351's, 308's, XU1's - for its time it went OK.

Thru pure luck, I never killed myself, nor lost my license. The problem with youngsters having powerful cars is not neccesarily driver skill, its often maturity and knowing the limit of your own capabilities.

I have been driving for 25 years. I can tell you now, that if I had been limited to a 180B when I was 18, do you think it would worry me now.

I dont want to sound like a grumpy old bastard, but believe me, at 18 you are not invincible. You think you are, but you arent.

Get over it, you'll live. :nod:

• Member For: 18y 9m 29d
Take potential p-platers to Sandown.. if they can run under 1.20 give them their licence :nod:

not having a crack at you mate, as I understand you're having a joke...

but its this attitude by lots of P platers that is part of the problem, there is a lot more to being a good driver on a public road then being able to crack a good time at a track.

Doesn't matter how good you can drive and control a car, public roads aren't tracks.. they're unpredictable roads, with changing variables.