Crossover Pipe At 450+Rwkw

• Member For: 13y 3m 7d

Im looking to keep my crossover pipe and standard airbox while running a Precision 6235. E85 will be used

I have seen a few low 400rwkw bays that look standard but nothing much over 450kw.

My guess is that it "can" be done but has anyone pushed much further through the crossover and airbox?

Will put my flame suit on as im sure 99.9% will say just buy a 4inch intake and battery relo but I want it for more of stealth look.

• Member For: 17y 10m 28d

why?

there is a pressure loss with the factory crossover to start with, if you could get the number you were after, the turbo would have to work a lot harder than if it would with a non restrictive set up, this would generate more intake air temp which reduces spark which lowers power

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 25d

I still have the standard crossover pipe setup and made my own airbox with pod filter and Im getting just over 400rwkw so far. The turbo SPOOL noise, not loud Vacuum cleaner noise I get is awesome compared to my mates turbo side gtx. I will be trying to get mid 400's when I go a precision and will be keeping the crossover pipe.

• Like 1

• billet turbos and weathered engines dont mix
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 11m 2d

I still have the standard crossover pipe setup and made my own airbox with pod filter and Im getting just over 400rwkw so far. The turbo SPOOL noise, not loud Vacuum cleaner noise I get is awesome compared to my mates turbo side gtx. I will be trying to get mid 400's when I go a precision and will be keeping the crossover pipe.

just change the intake pipe size/pod filter type and size and it won sound like a vacuum. Mine sounds like a jet, with a crisp sharp flutter unlike alot of turbo side intakes. Its all in the setup mate ;)

• Member For: 11y 25d

Yeah im just going off my mates car with a new GTX with Processwest turboside intake. All u can hear is loud sucking noise.

I love my standard crossover. Heaps of SPOOL with next to nill sucking noise.

Each to their own. But my same mate prefers the noise mine makes.

Will try and get a sound clip up.

• Like 2

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 20d

Go for a blast in one with a plaz.

I've been told they are a bit different.

I do love the way my one sounds

Edited by MattyP
  • Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 20d

Yeah im just going off my mates car with a new GTX with Processwest turboside intake. All u can hear is loud sucking noise.

I love my standard crossover. Heaps of SPOOL with next to nill sucking noise.

Each to their own. But my same mate prefers the noise mine makes.

Will try and get a sound clip up.

This could be due to location and distance from the intake to your ears and not just the setup itself.

It's like passengers getting exhaust drone but the driver doesn't here the same resonance!