After Some Opinions (Fg F6 Second Round Of Mods)

Cjafpv

• Member For: 9y 8m 27d

Ok guys well my f6 is currently sitting on 315rwkw and so far has had:

* 4 inch dump, high flow cat

* cooler piping kit

* custom tune

Id like to have her sitting at around the 350-370 rwkw mark and will be getting some

Quotes shortly and for the next round of mods I was thinking the following:

* high flow injectors

* process west stage one cooler (not really keen on cutting the car to make the bigger coolers fit)

* turbo side intake battery relocation etc

* maybe finishing of the exhaust with a 4 inch cat back

My question is does this seem right to all of you guys for that power level and is there anything additional that you would or maybe wouldn't do. Some people have said I should be considering a surge tank at this power level and that it may need a bigger flapper and actuator for the turbo. In addition what is people's opinions on tuning the zf box will

It make a big difference to the way the car drives and is it harsh on the box?

BTW guys I have had a good read through the threads but still slightly unsure if I'm heading in the right direction and appreciate the feedback thanks :)

• Member For: 12y 2m 14d

Sounds about the right mods to get that power figure.

I've got my F6 booked in for a stage 2+ package @ Nizpro plus turbo side intake in 3 weeks.

The stage 2+ kit consists of:

- Tune & xcal4

- Cooler and piping

- Injectors

- Turbo port and upgraded actuator

- 4" full stainless system

Power estimate for that kit is around 360rwkw. With the filter and battery relo, should be around 370-380 ish.

Edited by demon1300

Thanks mate and yea I think the turbo side intake is a must just for the awesome sound it gives can't wait to do the mods. Oh and if you don't mind me asking what were you quoted for the above package?

Edited by Cjafpv

• Member For: 11y 1m 28d

Sounds about the right mods to get that power figure.

I've got my F6 booked in for a stage 2+ package @ Nizpro plus turbo side intake in 3 weeks.

The stage 2+ kit consists of:

- Tune & xcal4

- Cooler and piping

- Injectors

- Turbo port and upgraded actuator

- 4" full stainless system

Power estimate for that kit is around 360rwkw. With the filter and battery relo, should be around 370-380 ish.

That must be costing a pretty penny all that nizpro gear

Thanks mate and yea I think the turbo side intake is a must just for the awesome sound it gives can't wait to do the mods. Oh and if you don't mind me asking what were you quoted for the above package?

Yeah its a bit over 10k. The 2+ kit is 8995 I think and the battery relo is around 1800 with intake. Its so exxy because it includes an odyssey battery. Not really fussed with the cost as the whole lots has been emissions tested and certified if I ever get picked on by the boys in blue.

I actually had a conversation with Simon about fuel pumps yesterday and he said they typically don't see issues with most F6's on pump fuel until over 400. Maybe the surge would be not warranted for the lower power. I'm just gonna play mine by ear and see how it goes on the dyno. It may need valve springs, again apparently they're hit and miss when your in the high 300's.

That must be costing a pretty penny all that nizpro gear

Check above. Some consider it mega expensive, but all in all they've been fantastic to deal with so I'm happy for the good service thus far. Simon certainly knows his sh*t.

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 11m 19d

That he does

Just make sure you get new injectors

"High flowed" stock injectors don't perform as well as some make them out to be

That he does

I've heard they're actually quite good. And that source wasn't related to Nizpro at all... Nizpro have also stated that they're good for over 500rwkw. Might I ask what you know about them being not so great? Edited by demon1300

That he does

Yea id agree my brother had drilled injectors on his turbo didn't like them one bit swapped them out for a set of id 1000s still idles well and perform great.