Fg Brake Upgrade

Mikeytuhura

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 20d

We did this up grade to a BF2 xr6T DBA4000's and QFM A1R pads all round and it made braking feel and pull up at least 30-40% better IMHO and can be had anywhere from $1000 up to $1200 depending where u buy from

This is the best package for price and stock callipers

What's the QFM pad made from Jet? Do they chew the rotor up or are they good for the street? Do they need warming up prior to working well etc?

That's a good price to as even in the early BA days my PBR kit was $2k plus fitting but made a huge difference imo...

Can you recommend a good price replacement rotor and pad set for the Brembo kit? My F6X (TT = TubbyTubby) will need them soon I think!

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 3m 5d

I did T3 Front and T2 Rears. QFM HPX pads all round. Motul brake fluid and Goodridge Stainless steel lines.

Was around the $800 mark fitted. Most stuff bought online for cheapest price I could find.

The Stainless lines were probably the best part of the upgrade. Have driven my mates XR with the same upgrade but no lines, mine has more pedal feel and stops a hell of a lot quicker.

• 2 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3m 4d

Hi Guys,

I have to sort some brake shudder after just under 80k kms. I'd like to do an upgrade if at all possible. A few questions:

* Will bigger rotors fit inside the factory XR6 Turbo 18" rims?

* What rotor upgrade will fit inside the factory 19" rims if I do a wheel upgrade?

* DBA lists 355mm "Police Upgrade" rotors (PN: DBA 42102) as an option. Will they fit into the 18" rims?

* If I am stuck with the standard rotor diameters for the 18" rims, are the DBA 4000's the best option?

* Is it possible to fit a larger rear rotor on the FG XR6T and still keep the factory calliper or do I need to change callipers too?

PAH

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 16d

I went BA, BF PBR upgrade on the fronts and territory rears, so I could still run factory 19" rims.

The front rotors are now 325mm x 32mm and rears are 328mm and vented unlike stock.

All in DBA T3 4000.

Speak to Matt from Race Brakes Sydney, he was working on some other packages to fit under standard rims.

• 2 months later...
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 30d

Have had 3 sets of dba on the fronts with no issue. 2x on stock calipers and now a set on Brembo. Lots of kilometres! Brake squeal is the only thing that I noticed moving from the stock rotors. Same Remsa pads.

So many variables with brakes like driver habits, bush condition, pads, bedding in procedure... makes it hard to choose.