Fg Brake Upgrade

Mikeytuhura

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 1m 1d

I had DBA once never again. Only lasted about 6 months and killed my pads Bendix SRT

FTFY

Oops typo should have been I had RDA's disc never ever again will I buy RDA's. T3's are the why to go.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...
  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d
On 12/22/2014 at 6:14 PM, tray_182005 said:

Winmax pads anyone tried them, they seem to have a good business going?

I'm planning on trying them since I can't find Akebono pads anymore that would suit my Brembo calipers.  Will let you all know if I go down this path.  I'm planning on using them with dba 4000 T3 slotted rotors.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

I've gone back to the NS400s for street.  I really miss the bite of the Project Mu HC800s that I ran at Racewars but boy I don't miss the dust they created.  Edit - and noise, also probably rotor wear but can't judge that so soon.

Swapping them out is nice and quick with Brembos so you can effectively have the best of both worlds!

Took the NS400s a while to bed in again with normal driving even after working them kinda hard - I didn't scuff up the pads though so that might have affected things.

Edited by discostig
  • Like 1

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 18y 7m 23d

So went around to my fave brake place Hallam Brake & Clutch (2 Hallam South Rd, Hallam VIC 3803 - ask for Emery) Ph 03 9702 4696 (no I didn't get any incentive - I just keep going back to them for a lot of my brake work) to have the new dba 4000 slotted T3 rotors and Project-Mu NS400 pads installed this morning.  They did a great job.  Emery had heard about Proj Mu but was first time for him to install them.  He said there were not issues bedding them in.  I've only driven in them for a few hours but already had to make use of their pull up speed due to incident on SE Freeway this morning that I captured on dash cam :shocked:

Here are some pics of them :thumbsup:

After and Before Shots
After installation of dba4000 slotted T3 rotors and Project-Mu NS400 pads

AH5iQSh.jpg

How it looked before installation
Vxz1R5a.jpg 

Side by Side Comparison
Genuine Brembos on left had quite a lot of lip on them on the outer and inner edge on both sides and brand new dba4000 slotted T3 on right.

u5W5xAT.jpg

Project-Mu NS400 on right look the part and can see genuine brembo pads on left where 2 pot pistons on one side pressed in on pads (see pad lower in pic).
F5mDsNR.jpg 

Rotor and Pad in place on hoist

Aed3Mcu.jpg 

Clips in place hold pads in place so that when they get very thin - they pads don't move about or even fall out and cause damage to calipers.

qu5ffPy.jpg 

Might go out on the weekend to check them out better :beerchug: 

• Like 5