• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m
2 hours ago, gaz097 said:

Car actually scared me last night. First time in a long time.

Stepped sideways rolling 4th on in a place where I should not have haha. Cliff one side trees the other.

Nice effort hahaha...change pants moment

• Member For: 17y 10m 30d
On 10/04/2016 at 0:24 PM, eff xr6t said:

Interesting. I've had stock second hand ls1 coils with a .8 gap go 20psi then had to gap them to .6 when I wound it out to 28psi after it started breaking down. I would want it to hold a mint spark at 50psi with the money it cost to setup the cdi.

CDI was about the same price as my pistons. Not much in the scheme of things. We'll end up with around 40 psi and I'm sure that they are more than capable of more....

How is the halaltech going?

I am absolutely loving it. It has a very user friendly interface and more features that what I know what to do with.. I am learning more and more with each passing week. The real beauty of the EMS is live tuning and the speed at which the car can be tuned.  On occasions, the EMS has needed to be rest and we can do this quite easily and not even have to stop driving.  We were meant to hit the dyno last Saturday, but my tuner was severely fatigued and couldn't make it.  We're looking at finishing the 98 by road tuning  and then heading to Harvey Bay for to use a hub dyno for the E85. 

Edited by HI PSI
  • Like 2

• Member For: 17y 10m 30d

Gaz, have you thought about changing the heat range of your plugs. I just installed some new plugs myself and went for an equivalent of a NGK heat range 9 plug.... BTW, there are far better plugs out there than the NGK's... 

Edited by HI PSI

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 9m 3d
Gaz, have you thought about changing the heat range of your plugs. I just installed some new plugs myself and went for an equivalent of a NGK heat range 9 plug.... BTW, there are far better plugs out there than the NGK's... 

Ahh no. I have very little knowledge of heat range changes and effects.

I used to play a little with enduro 2 stroke dirt bikes going hotter (smaller number) to try and keep carbon deposits off the plugs when slow riding but never ventured far from factory settings as I used to get it to ping once it got hot.

Not really sure why you would want to go to such a cold plug unless your planning to get cylinder temps that high

• 3 weeks later...