The Crazy Taxi - Fg F6 / Tr6060 Powered Ba Futura

• Member For: 10y 4m 17d

Pics of the front end rebuild with the calipers finished and painted. Glad you cant see the pads when the wheel is on as the yellow and red looks like a hotdog. Turns out they're the optional brakes too as the 16" steelies I temporarily had on the front drag on the calipers now.. never even put a tape measure on the rotors lol

WP_20140924_001_zpse7db30ec.jpg

Braided lines looking... braided

WP_20140924_002_zps62b22e1f.jpg

Happy with how they look once the wheels are fitted. I chose yellow because the car needed more than 2 colours, red doesnt go with green, theres too much black on the car and blue would look like I tried to make fake fpv setup.
WP_20140924_006_zps0f410a6c.jpg

Happy to see the car wheeling around again albeit with only 1 person power at the front wheels

WP_20140924_011_zps43d96a58.jpg

Today we got the engine bay pretty much completed, ripped out the "new" dash and put the old one back in and wired it up again. Unfortunately the gearbox spacer that was laser cut does not fit so we will have to cut one up by hand, but tomorrow will be spent working on a customers car so im hoping to be driving the car on monday.

WP_20140925_003_zpsfe7ba1f7.jpg

To do now on the car is break into the rear door which looks like I'll be cutting up the door trim, pull rear seats and install fuel pump then get the exhaust made up. It was cut after the rear diff as the car it came off had a massive hit so needs a couple of tail pipes. Finally install exhaust system, clutch/gearbox and put the interior back in and she's all go.

Also need a hand to locate where this goes, vacuum line of some sort im guessing drops into the inlet manifold... just cant find where
WP_20140925_008_zps19e76fe6.jpg

Edited by luke187

Wasnt able to get the wheels repaired and powder coated so decided to tidy them up with a file/sand them back and plastidip them. Pretty happy how they fit, wasnt sure if id like the higher profile of the 275 35 19 but after seeing it I want to run a 245 40 on the front. Love it overall adds a more aggressive look to the car which it really needed

WP_20140926_013_zps25a9ae49.jpg

Here are the wheels dipped, also painted the egg carton satin black, plastidipped the ecu.

WP_20140926_010_zps1b4b1328.jpg

Looks much better on and I actually prefer it over the fabricated aluminium ones ive seen.
WP_20140927_013_zps06bd32fb.jpg

ECU
WP_20140927_015_zps4827d91e.jpg

Also while we were at it we swapped to the power steering cooler from the xr6t giving more room to mount the cooler properly. Ended up trimming the front rio slightly as it was mounted crooked and end tanks were marked from rubbing on the bar

WP_20140927_012_zpscb239da8.jpg

Gearbox spacer is finished and fits so will aim to have the gearbox done this weekend which just leaves the exhaust, fuel pump, hood lining then refit the interior. Happy days cant wait to drive it

• Like 2

Thanks mate. The FG F6 engine which is going in already has a process west plenum and id1000s and a bunch of other goodies so this will just stay as is. I was still looking into swapping the PW for the dtock fg unit though but if it does end up getting swapped ill probably go for a hypertune manifold

Decided I couldnt leave the rest of the plastic looking... plastic so I painted the clutch, brake, and windscreen washer reservoir black as well - will get to the power steering one later. Love how it looks, wanted it to look stock but factory engine bays are a mess and I hate clutter so this was my solution. Can also see the heat shield which I sprayed last week and made the mistake of painting the AC line black. Unfortunately the paint doesnt stick to it so it looks like sh*t now until I find a better solution

enginebay1_zpsc225247a.jpg

Yeah tell me about it haha. At first it was just ugly but as more pieces have been painted its become distracting, so ill be running off to buy one on monday. Found an issue with the gearbox spacing too which is a bummer Will have to call direct clutch on monday to double check a few things so it'll push back the car a day now

Having some serious issues getting the gearbox in. Due to the bigger input shaft we dont have an alignment tool that fits both the spline and tightly into the crank.The solid center clutch plates give zero movement and the plate's bite is so brutal that if 2 bolts were half done up finger tight they were impossible to move. Took 4 remove and refits yesterday but ill have another crack at it today, I think I have a plan that will work

Yeah for sure will get a piece turned down once everything is done, dont want to be doing this more than once. Luckily we're cheating with a hoist and transmission jack so left the plates loose, pushed the box in, gently removed it and tightened it up. Worked first time. Everything is done now bar exhaust and fuel pump then re-assemble interior. Fuel pump will be a bit of a time consumer but I'll have a crack at opening the rear door tomorrow. Have a few cars in the workshop atm so that has to take priority.

EDIT - On a side note, anyone know the cruise spots for brisbane on thurs/fri/sat nights?

Edited by luke187
  • Like 3