The Crazy Taxi - Fg F6 / Tr6060 Powered Ba Futura

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 27d

Yep organic doesnt like sustained abuse. I beat my clutch hard and it hasnt complained once.

Nice side clutch in third gear to initiate drift. I probably wont have an organic clutch again.

Mine look similar to this. But 2 of course

2878.jpg

• Like 1

• Member For: 10y 4m 16d

Ahh yeah that's a lot like the 8 puck one they have. The organic ones are terrific if you're after something that operated like an oem clutch. When we got the clutch rebuilt for that gold xr6 we used a ceramic plate but my mate hated it so they swapped it back to an organic plate for free. People swear by option 5s so clearly they do the job well but I made the option 3 smell just by slowly moving the car over the hump on our hoist.

Going away from organic allows you to go to a smaller clutch too. The ultimate heat taker is this which is what I believe is the plate that Maatouks run on VL GOD and the only differences between their and my clutch. I was going to get it as they cost the same but direct said as a daily it would be clutch out every 4-6 months for new disks as they work a lot like a grinding stone. S yeah nah... They have someone who uses sintered iron plates and holds it stalled againsed the line lock at 10,000rpm for 15 secs no problem, pretty cool.

sinteredironplate_zps0b538283.jpg

When you see a drag car take off and theres all that clutch dust coming out the back, its from these plates.

• Like 1

Picked up my staggered rear wheels yesterday, they were a $150 ebay score as the 19x9.5 are no longer available in speedy cheetahs. The guy told me they had some rash so im a bit disappointed to see they're dented and have been ground down from what looks like drifting then got a tyre blowout, slid down the road grinding the lip down and then through a gravel trap. Its all fixable easy enough and they have just over 80mm of dish so will go a long way to making the car like a little more aggressive. I'll probably get the wheel welded up and press out any dents that might be in it then get them powdercoated the same as the front set.

Did a test fit just quickly with the stretched 245s they came with. Just need to order a pair of 275 30 19s. Any recommendations? Was leaning towards NT05's

badish_zps51f5fa02.jpg

WP_20140718_002_zps46078727.jpg

WP_20140718_011_zps7ba83db0.jpg

WP_20140718_015_zps29e159f5.jpg

• Like 1

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 16d

Its amazing what wheel guys can fix. I fully pancaked 2 of my R spec rims in a large pothole and were buckled and rashed bad. I thought I would be buying new ones for sure. They fixed them perfectly....

• Like 1

Rears are +35. Going with 275 30 19s as per the post in the wheel section

The photo of the lip doesnt look too bad but its worn down to a flat spot. My mate who does the powder coating owns a steel fabrication business so im hoping he might do it otherwise I'll give mark warner a call. The wheels are usable but I'm keeping them for a while so dont want them to look trash.

How are the NT05s in the wet? Ive read they're pretty good on wet road but wondering how dangerous they get when theres puddling.