Tyre Opts For Stock 18Inch Fg Xr6T Mags

nathanway

• Member For: 12y 8m 19d

hey guys just got back from Townsville mechanical services with a freshly rebuild stage two nizpro built zf,

bunch of the boys are heading down to the strip next week

now the new box changes gears so aggressively it just frys the 1-2 change even at half throttle

im running achillys ATR's 245 40 18 atm , I normally run bridgestone re002's and there great but cost 400+

I have ran toyo r1r's on my other car and they were great and at 330 fitted a chunk cheaper,

my first plan was to use the set of 17inch stockers I got in my shed to run mt streets 275 45 17 but seeing as my front tyres are gorn I think ima wait till next time to use try them being 330 + fitting plus then needing to change the front as well is just to much money for me atm

so my questing is whats a good tyre to run on the stock rim I was thinking toyo r888's or maby the cheap opt is t1r

my cars got 303rwkw , and whats the max width I could run on the stock rim ive been told that 275 would work on 17inch stock bf wheel but but real great for the street

thanks im hoping for a 11.9

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Yeah with low 300s the Invos should do you nicely

ive been looking around . had a look at the invos ive hurd good things about them altho ive seen nt05's and nt01 seem better and are almost the same price any one ran them , much difference?

• 6 months later...

have since replaced turbo with gtx3582 done a set of tbre cams ( stage 4 atomic equivalent ) tbre oil pump plaz surge twin 044s

only done the 98 tune so far its made 395.5 rwkw on 18psi ( wanted safe tune for 98) going to push with the e85 tune hoping for 430-450kw

shooting for 10.9 with the 98 tune and into the 10s with e85

• Member For: 9y 3m 25d

Just got 2x nexen su1s after good reviews on the net. Just went with standard 245s. $170 each.

Top of the range nexen so hopefully not too bad considering the Achilles are not much cheaper and crap in he wet.

Was going to go invos but in Perth cheapest was over $250.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 30d

Sounds like good times nathanway

You must be relatively good at peddling the car down the 1/4 lol good luck with getting that 10 on 98 :)

Edit: Forgot to ask....why did you need a rebuilt gearbox @ 300ish rwkw? Future proofing it for later mods or did the box actually die? If it died how many kms did it have and how many kms were you driving with the tune? Was it tuned by Nizpro and was the ZF tuned at all?

cheers!

Edited by PTR_NITRO_FG

• Member For: 11y 1m 30d

They start to slip ptr with age/thrashing

Mine is slipping 3rd to 4th a little after tune/113,000km

I'd get a rebuild if I wanted to spend more coin on my car even though it will probably not fail fully for ages

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 30d

Fark! Im at 118,000 (2008 model) but havent noticed any slipping as such

I might thrash it 10-15% of the time....so see how I go I suppose :P

Still stock...but the longer I wait, the more scared I get something will break after tune lol