Which Car Security System?

HI PSI

• Member For: 17y 10m 29d

Having numerous vehicle thefts in my local area, has me very concerned that some little turd might like my car more that I do.. So, I want to get a security system to protect my investment and I would really love some advice on what to get.

Cheers

• 4 months later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 2d

Fark over 4 months and not one reply. Having the same dilemma, considered venom but now looking at mongoose, recommended byan installer and aussie made. Still not decided though

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 19d

Nearly all theft of vehicles here in Townsville are done by opportunity where the thieves come into your house if the opportunity is there (house is left unlocked while you're home) and take your keys! They simply don't have the tools or skills to steal late model vehicles.

I hear nearly every weekend multiple cars being chased by the cops or the young coons have flogged the clutch out of the crapodore that they stole and it just wont move anymore...

That clutch smell FTW!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 3m 5d

Viper.

Hands down.

Can track it, remote start it, any amount of sensors you want, close windows and open them off remote and fit 3 sirens so whole suburb knows its being stolen ;)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 25d

If you are worried about someone stealing a car with the keys then the thief will have the alarm remote too. A good old fashioned "kill switch" should help (and cost next to nothing).

If someone has the keys, but does not know how to disable the kill switch they won't be going good anywhere.