Rolling Circumference Tripping Out Abs/tc

JimmyRickard

• Member For: 10y 7m 22d

Hi guys, I recently bought some new tyres for my F6 and they are tripping out the ABS & traction control, and also causing a brake failure signal. I took it to Ford Service and was told it was an issue with the size tyres I am using due to the rolling circumference messing with the computer, as they put a set of stockies on which worked fine.

I bought the car secondhand with staggered enkei wheels, which I believe are 19x11 in the rear and 19x8 (?) in the front. Not entirely sure what the size of the wheels are, but the tyres which the car came with were 275/30 in the rear and 245/35 in the front.

I got a set of 285/35's put on the rear as the 275's were stretched, which appears to have caused the issue as I haven't changed the fronts to match. Would putting 40 series tyres on the front fix the problem? I don't want to pay for another set of tyres and have the same issue. Is there a way to calculate this or something?

Cheers

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Should do 285/30/19 is 655mmOD 285/35 is 683mmOD

245/35/19 is 655mmOD and 245/40 is 679mmOD

At the moment you have a height difference of 28mm. If you go 245/40 it will only be 4mm.

I gather your car is FG

Edited by arronm