Android App "torque" Tips And Tricks ?

GUN-808

• Member For: 10y 4m 9d

Here's my zf trans temp, car is off and has been for 20mins since getting home from about an 1.5hr trip.

9ujy4a2a.jpg

Here is the pid

ra7ehe8y.jpg

Set your units to Celsius in settings. Happy days

• Like 1

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 6m 24d

This is how I've set mine up. Haven't been able to get ZF trans temp working or engine oil temp obviously. 3 values come up for transmission temp but one sits at -40°C and the other two just sit at ~193°C.

Gear indicator doesn't work completely either, it only logs the first 4 gears.

Also I am using the white OBDII adapter with auto-off that was linked earlier in this thread (it's a KWOK branded one) I'm finding that it turns off fine but it won't turn on with the car unless I press the button on it, which isn't so great when stays plugged in behind the panel.

Just be careful with that profile. I ended up with a bit so screen burn on my s4

• Member For: 10y 4m 9d

barnz,

I used your formula for EOT, seems to work ok

thx

have figured out the tweeks needed to have it read correctly? I.e not out 10c

Ive been playing with the divider, increasing it brings temp down, 76-78 looks better but im still guessing. What I really need to do is get a laser thermometer so I can monitor the temp through a full cold - hot heat cycle. Just getting it spot on at say operating temp doesn't necessarily mean its accurate throughout the entire range.

Exhaustive searches of the interweb have turned up some helpful information but no magical answers. Aside from getting a tool that has all the extended pids and hacking it...somehow. Working out the equations is going to be very hard. Identifying the pids themselves (220907 ect.) is a piece of piss in comparison.

• Member For: 9y 11m 12d

Ive been playing with the divider, increasing it brings temp down, 76-78 looks better but im still guessing. What I really need to do is get a laser thermometer so I can monitor the temp through a full cold - hot heat cycle. Just getting it spot on at say operating temp doesn't necessarily mean its accurate throughout the entire range.

Exhaustive searches of the interweb have turned up some helpful information but no magical answers. Aside from getting a tool that has all the extended pids and hacking it...somehow. Working out the equations is going to be very hard. Identifying the pids themselves (220907 ect.) is a piece of piss in comparison.

ive got access to a infrared thermo from work.

so what do I need to change in the equation to test?

Formula: (((A*256)+B)*5)/72

just the end number?