327 Rwkw 760Nm Xt One Tonne Ute (Was A V8)

genuine  honest  person

• Member For: 10y 4m 8d

I thought I saw you say in another thread the old box had a speedo output(OSS) which would be strange cause as ralph has mentioned on abs cars the vss signal comes from the abs module. And its the same input on pcm regardless. You only have code p0500 but your abs warning light is on which is lit directly from the abs module not the pcm so really you need to sort that out before trying to fix p0500.

Im in brissy mate if you need access to a scanner or the manuals let me know.

Edited by barnz
  • Like 1

• Member For: 10y 2m

na sorry mate,the traction control light is on (not the abs ) but the traction control can not read the abs .due to the sensors are apparently different to ute and sedan .also both boxes are the same ,just the v8 one is longer .but there are no extra wires coming from both boxes .they both read the speedo of the abs sensors .I phoned redcliffe dyno today and there reply was ,that they can fix the problem .have it booked in in two weeks for a tune as well . so fingers crossed it will be going after that .thanks for everyones help ,every little bit helps .

had ordered some t hose clamps to suit 2.5 inch piping ,and they send me 56mm-65mm.have tried to get them to fit ,but had to give up just no way I can get them to fit on at all . also just about impossible to find a 32 mm id hose to plump back my bov to the air box .ended up going to clark rubber and buying a pool cleaning hose that only just fitted .so again yesterday I only was driving around for parts again (still have to order more clamps ) so today I will hopefully try to fit the guards and front bumper to the ute

wow alot of work has gone in to this good luck mate

yes considering the only thing that I did not remove was the hood lining .the rest of the ute was in bitts . even right down to changing the speakers . thanks for all the good comments ,that makes it worth going on sometimes .

P1014452_zpsb4c17304.jpg

had to change the heater shaft ,while the dash was out it was easy to do

P1014387_zpsb8768690.jpg

that's how I marked all the items ,and then I used a note book to keep all the information I needed

P1014612_zps943d27ad.jpg

that's what I got out of the seat with a vax cleaner ,when it all settled the next day there was mud in the bottom of the bottle

P1014606_zps3aa12fad.jpg

P1014611_zps7106dd34.jpg

had to fit ne foam to the vents ,it was all just falling apart

I just made up out of mdf board some speaker mounts and cut a hole into the carpet part (very hard to cut due to fibreglass backing )

P1014605_zpsdef05886.jpg

the difference from xr to xt models .I even fitted the tweeters on the pillars . had to cut out the hole in one of my covers due to the turbo one was damaged (dremel works great )

P1014635_zps1e0e1a53.jpg

fitted the earls oil line and filter kit P1014522_zps8cfc99f0.jpg

fitted the technico engine mounts (rated to 1000 hp )not that I will ever have that amount of power (at idle they feel rough while sitting in the car )

P1014406_zps19db499f.jpg

the tray pulled apart again due to the clear coat cracking (powdercoated )

P1014447_zps0bf79583.jpg

wiring harness out of engine bay ,and the dash out to so I can fit the xr6 turbo one

P1014448_zps714ea26c.jpg

P1014404_zps1066cb13.jpg

that's just some of the bolts for the tray ,it takes about 10 hours to fit it all back again

P1014449_zps33649630.jpg

I also fitted the passenger air bag out of the xr6 ,and the black carpet (had to cut it to fit the ute

P1014384_zpse4bc6f0e.jpg

found why these ba fall apart so easily ,this sticker was hidden under the computer in the engine bay

P1014396_zps1176a9db.jpg

the passenger was a lucky man that's for sure ,the door was still in perfect condition

P1014307_zpsb1148f63.jpg

P1014309_zps3bc8c34e.jpg

hope the boost gauge still works ,needle does not move while I give it a rev in the garage ? (can not drive car due to stuck in limp mode and no guards or or tray on ute )

P1014621_zps1972fade.jpg

P1014619_zps9a39d485.jpg

P1014620_zps449aac19.jpg

still had hone marks in the bore P1014615_zps0daf1566.jpg

P1014623_zpsa6a2c9f6.jpg

ended up fitting a new seal and harmonic balancer ,and a new water pump just to be save .

P1014626_zpsbb26c283.jpg

P1014386_zps1f377c43.jpg

the wreck already had a battery relocation kit ,all I had to do is make the cables shorter .and make a box for under the aluminium tray

P1014405_zps301a3ec0.jpg

I made all the taillight assembly out of aluminium ,and cut out for the light with a copy router from work

P1014409_zps18e321bd.jpg

not happy that I had to heat wrap the exhaust because of the battery relocation ,but the stuff actually works great .the heat stays in the exhaust ,and the battery stays cold

P1014524_zpsc5e67a33.jpg

the girl friend will be happy when the parts are finely gone out of the lounge room .so will I ,lol

can not wait for the first drive in it ,never owned a car with 330 rwkw .does not sound a lot but it will be enough for a 44 year old fart. going to be fun when some unexpected Expensive Daewoo owner rocks up next to my ba xt ute ,thinking its just a straight 6

• Member For: 10y 4m 8d

Have you tried stalling the car up a bit mate? My guage(obd) doesn't really make positive pressure just revving in neutral. Seems to go just 0 maybe 1psi at best. I can see vacuum as well so I know its working where as you can't. If I put my car in 2nd I can stall it up and build boost till the tyres spin :)

also from those photos I can see about the only thing you didn't change is the abs module. The one in the wreck looks like it may be damaged but the module should come off the valve body(does on bombodores haven't messed with a falcon one). While I'm talking bombodores vt-vz had this bullsh*t problem where if the abs module went it would cause all sorts of weird issues on the CAN and everything would just go to sh*t basically. Happened on my vx.

Not saying this is your issue and I haven't heard of falcons having that exact issue. But theoretically if you have swapped everything from the wreck and it was fine prior to being pulled down. You shouldn't require reprogramming of anything as you haven't mixed and matched. You also don't have traction control so that could weigh in somehow. Its worth a try.

• Like 1

thanks mate ,lol it will be fun to drive that's for sure .

just fitted the bonnet ,guards and the head lights .then I thought I might just try the front bar. but as I thought ,it needs a lot of cutting and grinding before it will even be close of fitting . still got to mount the horn somewhere .