327 Rwkw 760Nm Xt One Tonne Ute (Was A V8)

genuine  honest  person

• Member For: 10y 2m

currently building a sleeper ,it started out as a 3v v8 boat anchor with 47,000 klm only on the clock .was going to fit a under bonnet blower ,but the engine was on its way out . its a long story so I just will say I bought a lemon of a reputable ford dealer ,and after owning it for a couple of days went to the dealer and complained .there reply was (f*ck of and do not come back )have bought cars of them before with no problems . so anyhow the turbo wreck came up start of February this year ,I bought it for $2400 .it had lots of money spend on it (dockets for about $8000 of work done to it by elite . I have fitted a truetrack diff with danna 3.7 gears .$3150 .new paint and bonnet $5000 .new suspension ,rear leafs and front springs new shocks ,camber caster kits and new bushes (nolathane) new ball joints .rebuild turbo and performance wheel .rebuild btr auto with au parts and pump .new hot side piping (which was a pain to fit,rapid system )fitted the xr 6 sound system including tweeters and front and back speakers (had to run al the wiring from the xr 6 .fitted the turbo fuel pump 500 hp walboro .all the fuel lines .fixed the heater shaft so the heater works again .fitted all new air con seals ,condenser and the charcoal canister ,and hoses .fitted the sedans black carpet (looks way better ) fitted the gauges including the cluster . swapped over all the wiring from the turbo car including the engine bay and all the dash wiring .was unable to use the car dash as it was damaged ) had to change all the power steering hoses .fitted new radiator ,water pump ,harmonic balancer,sump gasket (to look at the bottom end sludge or failed parts ) I also have taken the aluminium tray apart again to get it powdercoated again (the clear coat started to crack ) but I most likely will take another 2 month before I can start it (still in bits but slowly getting there ) can not wait to drive it around after all the dramas I had so far building this .thanks to jake (work mate )who helped me with the heavy bits ,but all the rest I done my self .just hope that it will all work in the end (I am only a dumb ass glazier ) the car used to run a 12.300 at willowbank ,hope with some of the extra mods it will even be quicker .ps there are so much more pictures but these will do

P7221873.jpg

P7221874.jpg

P7221876.jpg

P7221879.jpg

P7221884.jpg

P9122234.jpg

P1014316_zps72feb375.jpg

P1014306_zps02672eff.jpg

• Like 3

• Member For: 10y 4m 8d

Holy farkin power pole. Really clean ute with low k's mate. Shame it was a lemon. Have you seen the throttle body relocation kit for the b series? Cleans the bay up and makes piping alot simpler(seems like it would anyway)

URL: http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=191189294880&alt=web

• Like 2

• Member For: 11y 3m 20d

Id be setting fire to the dealership that sold you a lemon and told you to f*ck off. Thieving pricks don't deserve anymore business if that's how they treat their customers. Did you file a complaint with consumer affairs?

After all the headaches, you've ended up with a very clean and (hopefully) quick car. Well done mate.

I'm with barnz though, throttle body relo would clean up the piping. Scout the forums, Facebook and ebay as they pop up second hand every now and then

• Like 1

would love to fit the piping kit , but starting to run very dry with the money side of thinks . I still got to get a tune ,and more parts ,every time I go and want to get something small I come back with a trailer full .

Gunna I've noticed that the fg 1tonne utes have a 17in wheel option from the factory. Saw one today and thought of your tyre dilemma. I've not looked into any further but this could possibly be an option for you?

• Like 1

Gunna I've noticed that the fg 1tonne utes have a 17in wheel option from the factory. Saw one today and thought of your tyre dilemma. I've not looked into any further but this could possibly be an option for you?

yes that's right but you have to order the ute like that, and it is not rated to one tonne . the problem is with my ute is it came out with c rated tyres (light truck 6 ply ) and there is nothing out there ,even the 225 60 16 achilles that are rated to 102 or 850 kilos are not allowed on my ute .because they have not got a c printed on the wall of the tyre ,and they are only 4 ply .my rating is the same as does tyres but are 6 ply .how stupid is that ,they would be so much more grippy in the wet and dry and still the same load rating .have gone to 4 tyre shops and only bob jane will fit them no one els will (they do not want to get in trouble for it ,its a big fine .

Well that sucks balls, I expect you've already explored your options, at least get the 16 inch alloys off the fg xr6 1 tonne. They are heaps less gay, those ones you have remind me of my egas ba RTV days diff lockin in multi story carparks

Edited by barnz
  • Like 1

here is the paper work to prove it ,I hope these are genuine results . sorry but think it only has about 740 nm ?

P1014704_zpsa00760ab.jpg

P1014700_zpsddc651b3.jpg

is this a good spot to fit the bov (out of view ) where is the vacuum hose coming from ? I have no idea ,there was no bov fitted on the donor car . please give advise

ps just note the number plate on the print out .the original owner was christopher john hermann .was he a member of this forum ?