stew565

Awd Territory Vibration

Can anyone help! Our territory has developed a vibration underload from 60k through to 110k

its been to ford and had new enginemounts front diff bushes fitted.

Ive put driveshafts in it new hub and bearings. Its been back to ford and had 2 more sets of driveshafts fitted and intermediate shaft fitted,both tailshafts balanced.The driveshafts are non genuine and ford reckon I should try new ford driveshafts but the can,t tell if that will fix the problem. Has anyone else had this issue?

Rear diff bushes have been replaced, I suspect the transfer case only because of chain wear but transmission shop said it wasn't causing the vibration. so I,m back to square one!! The car has 280,000 on it and a great car to drive.

12 months ago this vibration started and it,s driving me Nuts!! I just put 4 new tyres on it . Surely someone has experenced this issue.

Edited by stew565

Replaced engine mounts allready by ford in march this year. Vibration is allways there from 65km through to 110km

under load.stopping and starting does not make any difference. The vibration is getting more severe so hopefully something

obvious will present itself soon...

Over the weekend I had a vibration with a slight grinding noise that was intermittent. Changed the brake pads as that's what we thought the grinding/scratching noise was. Ended up being a collapsed wheel bearing, same symptoms as you have described. Lucky we caught it when we did as they were in a bad way.

Did you replace the bearings yourself? What was involved?

My Terry is vibrating now at much lower speeds. I swear it's a bearing but I cant feel any movement in the wheels when jacked up. Front left does sound average when spinning it while it's on jack stands, and I can hear a strange squeek every now and then when driving at low speeds.

Yeah me and 2 mates done it. Never again though lol. It's best you have a hydraulic press handy also a bearing puller or if you're able to drop it to a shop with these tools it makes the job a lot easier. Took us near 10 hours, with the right tools it'd be a 3 hour job max

Just done my engine mounts the other day. Vibration gone!! So stoked, it was a terrible feeling to have throughout the car.

Can you chuck up a pic of the old engine mounts mate?

Were they rooted or just looking scabby?

Stew - I had a problem with vibration under load in drive while stationary at lights and also in the speed range of 90 to 120 km/hr - after a non productive visit to the Ford dealer I went to a loacl performance workshop and we discovered that the primary cause was us engine mounts, These engine mounts are oil filled and hence have hydraulic dampering effects once the oil is lost and the rubber tears at bit the engine starts to rotate around the mounts.

Just an update on our ttg vibration

Replaced the third bush in front diff ,what a pain that was, Vibration still there.

The car has 275,000 km now on it, so hopefully something will present itself soon.Also replaced turbo oil fitler to stop oil light

coming on . overhauled turbo and powersteering pump. As I said before both engine mounts are new so im all out of ideas!!

New update. 

Ford replaced all rear different bushes .

Two were split ! But vibration still there.

I rebuilt transfer case had worn bearings and chain .Even fitted BMW x5 Trans bush. But you guessed it vibration still there..Any more ideas out there?...