Nexen N'fera Su1?

Bellato

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 4d

Hey guys, went to order a couple of 275/30/20 Achilles ATR 2 today and my tyre guy's suppliers out indefinitely and my tyres are delaminating so need to change to something.

The supplied can get nexen N'fera SU1's for the same price which are a more expensive tyre for the same price. Can't find any reviews on them and have never heard of them before. Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of them or heard anything about them? I know what nexen's are like generally but never heard of this particular model

And no invo's aren't an option because they are overkill for me and can't afford the low treadwear of them

• Member For: 10y 5m 3d

I have nexen n6000's which I thought were just a cheapie tyre but they actually grip quite well and tread wear is decent, grip seems to fade away sometime before the tread has worn down though. Went from a worn set that still had a legal tread depth to a new set and was surprised to find them much harder to turn.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 4d

Yea a lot of 'performance' tyres seem to have grip die away quite rapidly when tread is low. I only do 14,000kms a year so don't want to be caught with sh*t tyres that last forever when I know what the achilles are like

• Member For: 11y 12d

Hey bellato I can't vouch for nexens but falken 453s are great value for the price.

I've had mine since I got my vskfs and done over 15k already with probably another 10 to 15k left

285s set me back roughly $300ea in 18s

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 27d

No stock in my size so I went 6000. 4 for fit tomorrow. Spoke to the rep who sells many tyres. Nexen 8000 are discontinued and the 6000 is better grip wise than Achilles sport 2

Edited by arronm

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 9m 7d

No stock in my size so I went 6000. 4 for fit tomorrow. Spoke to the rep who sells many tyres. Nexen 8000 are discontinued and the 6000 is better grip wise than Achilles sport 2

Sure about the model numbers? My understanding is that the NT5000 is being discontinued, and that YHI will be focussing on the NT8000.