Front Mount Coolers

sfr rob

• Member For: 9y 5m

Hey Guys I just bought an SY 06 TTG myself and am having problems coming to terms with spending $2200 on an IC. Im only chasing 280 to 300awkw. Plazaman is still making the kits (seems no 1 else is) and there is no doubt that the kit is of very good quality. I went down to Plazaman and spoke to a bloke named Henry which said they are good for 450kw and with their plenium up to 600kw. But even he said its over kill. Every tuner Iv spoken to is giving me different advice some are saying leave the stock one others are saying Plazaman is a must for those numbers a dump pipe as well as upgrading the turbo including a flapper mod (whatever the %$#$ that is) is a must. Its just over kill for what Im chasing. Or am I wrong?? Im only chasing one tune on 98RON so everyone agrees 650cc Injecters are the go so Im about to order them. Valve springs are a must even if its stock! (only 1 tuner in VIC told me this) but I can tell you that also cause I pulled the rocker cover off last night and they are very soft (200k on the clock) Iv debunged the exhaust and its seems like a pretty big system from there back. So a front mount is a must cause it dont take a rocket scientist to physically feel the heat these things retain and its a baby. So an aftermarket from Rocket Industries as large as I can go with my own plumbing (might be a few kilos in silicon and clamps but ay its an extra $1500 in my pocket) A few questions answered would be much appreciated as it seems there are a lot of switched on guys on this site and you've all been there done that and than some.

1# 12psi Turbosmart actuator too big too small any good?

2# Plazaman valve springs any good or pay the extra $$ and buy Crow?

3# Do I need a dump pipe bigger cat?

4# Do I need to do a turbo upgrade including flapper mod and if so whats the best way to go?

5# Do I need to upgrade fuel pump if so what to go?

6# I live in Sydney near Penrith whats the best tuner. (I have used Vince Rigolli in the past) Quoted me $1100 and said Pressures/shift points inlcuded and if un happy come back. My concern is his extremelly good (with numbers to shows) on rice burners many of my mates have gone to see him.

Please keep in mind the AWKW Im chasing.

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 13y 1m 9d
On 27 November 2014 at 9:44 AM, Grego.77 said:

Feel like an idiot... Just found where all these questions have been answered... how do I remove?

Can you link for me? I'd like to know too. :)