Front Mount Coolers

sfr rob

• Member For: 17y 2m 6d

Hey guys.

I just bought a TT and want to start modding it.

I want a front mount cooler and a retune.

What front mount cooler is the best for the TT's?

Who do you guys recommend to do a retune. I'm in SE Vic. I heard Nizpro have an awd dyno?

Cheers

Rob

• Member For: 11y 6d

It would depend on what power your chasing, if it was just for a little more I would actually change the injectors and tune before front mount. But as far as coolers I use a RAPID FG cooler turned upside down with custom piping. Also look at HS Tuning on facebook, Daniel is a awesome tuner and knows turbo terries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 2m 6d

Bloody hell, maybe I should remember that I posted a thread on this forum..... oooops.

Yeah, the heat soak is a joke with the standard cooler setup, after a little burn up to the shops and back, I can barely touch the "intercooler" it gets that hot.

I was talking to a fella the other day who has a turbo terry which is pumping out over 350kw@ the wheels and he is using a standard BF F6 cooler, apparently it fits straight up.

Anyone else using one on their Terry?

Plazmaman cooler kits on ebay are going for $2.5k...... To me, that is bloody ridiculously expensive for what it is, but I have no idea about coolers and what they're worth to be honest.

Anyway, my Terry is surging like a bastard, changed fuel filter... it fixed it for a day, then it started surging again.

Checked piping, one hose was loose on intake side of turbo, that fixed it for a day, then it started surging again....

Replaced wastegate actuator thing, and it fixed it for a day, now it is surging again.

Also have a terrible vibration under load at hwy speeds, feels like front left drive shaft is unbalanced.

Same guy I spoke to said he's terry chews up drive shafts and he has replaced his transfer case 3 times already and that has solved the issue.

Think I will just go the whole hog and drop it off at Nizpro since they're the only AWD dyno around that I know of (S/E suburbs melb ) and get them to sort it all out. I am scared she's gonna go pop when under boost.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 16d

If your going to leave the TT standard then by all means fit the standard IC to the front, but if you are planning on tuning then just buy a big IC, get custom piping done (or buy a kit) and go from there as the cores are simply to small for decent boost!

Also If old mate thinks he is getting 350awkw's then he is either on crack, it happened while on a dyno in Antarctica or more than likely it was 350awhp (260kw)...Once!

• Like 1