F6 Front Bar

kyle173

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 16d

so a couple of weeks ago my car had a argument with a Nissan patrol and lost (see pics for damage) now I have 3 or 4 options for repair. one is insurance excess is 1100 and im at fault. second option is cough up $1000's for a genuine one from ford or find a repaired one for 500 ish. 3 option is a non genuine one after market about $450. and 4th is potential repair of mine. what do u guys recommend.

p.s all price are in raw unpainted

post-32284-0-01315300-1398995610_thumb.j

• Member For: 10y 4m 28d

Pay to get it repaired bud, will be more than your excess but not buy much so its probably not worth stuffing up your premiums ect. Keep an eye on eBay I have seen genuine brand new ones on there around 800 that people bought and didn't get around to fitting. Yours cannot be repaired imo. that's not gonna sand out or come out with a bit of heat lol.

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 1d

aftermarket are fibregalss, not plastic- so no flexibility. so no give if you clip anything. so wrecked bar again. go genuine. remember that the cheapest way is usually the dearest way...

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 10y 8m 29d

Nice hit.

I,d go through insurance because cost wise you need the bottom incert and top grille surround and that/s without checking damage behind the bar ,probably the reo bar behind is bent also. These bars and there other parts aren,t cheap . Ask the panel shop for your old parts back as the bar its self can be repaired and resold...

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 9y 8m 21d

In my opinion (in no way is it an experts) I don't really think that's repairable had a similar level of damage on another car of mine a few years back panel shop and insurance bloke said it needed a new front bar.

Oh and I know money can be an issue sometimes but if you can avoid it please don't get an aftermarket bar you have a genuine fpv idk in my opinion don't cheapen your car if you know what I mean :) keep an eye out on eBay as others have said genuine bars come up from time to time as wel as gumtree

Edited by Cjafpv