Elm327 & Forsan Program

boost69

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 24d

Some of the elllll cheapie ebay one's sometimes do not work. I had a mate that allowed me to use his ebay special and it would not connect at all.

Just make sure that what every laptop/tablet that you are using has connected and paired to the elm327 device via Bluetooth first, before starting up forscan.

Use the built in windows tool to connect via Bluetooth first. If that is connected and the forscan does not connect, it is the ellllllllll cheapie ebay special that is the problem.

These guys are still on special. I cant believe it. http://www.scantool.net/obdlink-mx.html

This one actually turns off while the car is off, so it does not drain the battery.

This one works with Torque for android. it works with forscan.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 4d

Thanks mate got it working had to download the drivers...the forscan program seems really good...I was able to recalibrate my steering angle sensor and get get rid of the DSC fault code...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 9m 25d

Despite what was pointed out above about the name, the program seems very good to me.

I have an ebay bluetooth obd scanner, and forscan, which has been useful for diagnosing and replacing a dodgy abs sensor on a BA wagon.

Also shows some pretty good info about what is going on in the engine while it is running.

I have not tried it on my G6ET yet, but looking forward to it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 4d

The "foreskin" program is very good, and they are continuously updating it, and chances are if it doesn't do something you want, you can probably email the developers and they will possibly put it on the next update...

For the cost of the $7 elm327 device and downloading the free "foreskin" program you can do allot more than what your average scanner can do...