Ba Premium Brake Upgrade - Red Vs Black Caliper

xb99

• Member For: 16y 3m 1d

Hi

I've been thinking about retrofitting second hand premium brakes (with new discs and pads) to my ba mk2 with the next round of power mods. Looking around, I see they should be 325mm fronts, and the rears will be the same (any point swapping them over if they are the same?)

However, some I see some have red calipers, with pbr logos, and see are black with a ford logo, all marked by wreckers and 'genuine ba premium brakes'...... Are they the same? Why the difference?

Theres a set on ebay at the moment that are black with a fadded small pbr logo at the bottom, haven't seen anything like it before

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/BA-BF-PBR-Brake-upgrade-factory-premium-brake-ford-falcon-fpv-/261418108923?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cddbbc7fb&_uhb=1

Thanks

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

Blue with FPV where the FPV package (Duh) Black with the Ford Logo was the XR upgrade/premium package.

Red/Black with PBR logo is the same package but purchased aftermarket.

They are all the same.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Ralph is correct. $695 is a bit steep. $500 is fair. The rear is the same as BA 303mm solid, just has the grooves.

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 5d

The only other real difference was the slotting on the discs. The PBR aftermarket units had regular slots and the Ford Premium/FPV had elliptical groves. Function same/same.

• Member For: 16y 3m 1d

I was going to replace discs to new dba t3s anyway.

$700 is the cheapest at the moment, one lot is 750, and another at 800! The ones at 800 have been for sale for a while, that explains why.

The 750 (red) and the 800 (black) are both at the same wrecker, which isnt too far from me. Maybe I'll go and haggle, only want the front calipers if the backs are the same as what I already have.