G6Et - My First Ford

aktg6et

• Member For: 10y 2m 10d

Hi people, I've recently acquired my 50th anniversary G6ET in black with 19s with 45,000km and am lovin it. Having previously owned jap four cyl turbos (other than a VL turbo) I am so impressed with how much torque the G6ET has, plus all the luxo features and its big enough to fit the family comfortably in. My only disappointment is the lack of an lsd. Anyways I've read around the forums that these things standard can run in the mid to high 12s down the quarter so I went down to the Plex last night to see if I could get mine to do the same.

First run was a 13.2 at 171km/h (106mph) with a 2.2s 60ft time

Second run was a 13.06 at the same km's with a 2s 60ft time

Third run was a 12.97 at the same km's and same 60ft time (timeslip in link below).

I ran out of time to do any more runs but I'm sure I could better the 12.9 - am still trying to bed down the launch technique (or lack of any real technique). But I am wrapped that my bog standard car can run in the 12s (albeit high 12s). I'm now waiting for my process west stg 1 intercooler kit to arrive, probably also get the venom dump/cat pipe, and then head down to Monstatorque for injectors and a tune.

Car:

http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p717/aktheseira/aktg6et/G6ET_zps5cf68afa.jpg

Timeslip:

http://i1347.photobucket.com/albums/p717/aktheseira/aktg6et/timeslip_zpsd90036d3.jpg

• Like 1

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 11m 22d

Welcome to the forum mate.

You obviously like putting cars down the quarter mile so check out the current Top 50 times to see what people have achieved once they have thrown a few mods at these things.

Also, I see that you use Photobucket so it is always better to link your images directly into your posts....to do this, put the address of the image in the window that opens when you hit the 'Image' button. It's the square .gif under the smilies at the top of the Reply box, and do me a favor --- coz I'm old --- make sure that they are straight coz it's toooo hard to turn the monitor on it's side hehe

Thanks guys for the feedback. While I dont know that I'll get as far as some of the top 50 its amazing how much potential these things have. I am looking forward to carrying out some mods in the near future!

Cheers

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 4d

Yeah - the Top 50 are getting pretty potent and out of reach for some of us.

Maybe time for some new lists

Top 50 Black G6ET's

Top 50 Silver 2012 MkII's

etc

:P

• Like 2

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 17d

Hey mate welcome to the G6ET club, that's not a bad time for a stocker, no LSD and first time down the strip

I already know you'll love the car, and love it even more once you start doing a few mods

I drove a stock G6ET last week at work and I realised how different they are modded to stock

Still good but no comparison to 300 odd rwkw

• MattyP
  • Cruise Control
  • Member For: 11y 10m 25d

Welcome to the luxury barge family!

Good times mate

I struggled to break into the 11s last time I went down (I have done an 11.8)

Albeit it with 20s and bald Chinese tyres

You'll be able to make it into 11s easy with the single spinner

Tbh an lsd would be nice but rather spend money on go fast bits

I'm about to get into the 400 club with one wheel :)

• Member For: 11y 10m 2d

Welcome and Nice car, Nice Times that's quick for a stock car the G6 is a awesome car.

1st Thing you need to do before fitting a larger intercooler, injectors and tune is to get a grippy set of Tyres put on an LSD Diff.

While at Monstatorque it's a good idea ask them to do their flexplate modification to ensure it wont come loose with added power after tune, as that's the first thing that will let go if you rev it a lot.

Edited by Z2TT

Yeah lsd and getting sum invos for the standard wheels or getting wider wheels are on the list too, as is suspension and brakes. I actually can't believe the luxo spec ford came without an LSD but it is what it is. I probably won't get all these things done in the right order but hopefully in the next while ill make good progress.ill definitely check out the flexplate mod too which I didn't know was an issue previously