Calling All Welders, Owning An Argon Bottle Outright

Trough Lolly

• Member For: 19y 7m 8d

Hey lads,

Does anyone here know where you can purchase Argon Bottles from Outright, that can be refilled at any BOC / Air Liquide agent?

Im chasing a Size D bottle.

Theres a mob on ebay selling smaller bottles that you then freight back to them in sydney for a refill, but I was hoping to get a larger bottle like a D.

Just throwing it out there, know theres a few welders floating on here!

Cheers.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 15d

last I knew there was no chance mate.

BOC and air liquide are of the thoughts that.. you hire the bottle from them and in return, when you get a bottle, you and they can rest assured that the bottle is safe to hold pressure and is painted in the latest aqua shade...

they've got it sewn up quite well I think.

my .02c

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 4m 13d

If there is a Supagas depot in your area give them ago. I work for them and all though you still pay rental the fill price is a heck of a lot cheaper than the big companies boc/air liquide.

• Member For: 10y 2m 9d

If there is a Supagas depot in your area give them ago. I work for them and all though you still pay rental the fill price is a heck of a lot cheaper than the big companies boc/air liquide.

I was under the impression u only pay one of fee and then obviously then wen u refill u pay and as u say at a good price but wat can I say u would be the man that would no u gyes do an job/price keep it up

Na boys I'm a beater and boler maker by trade try speedy gas u can own it out right one of fee u can use it wen only ya need to and no on going rental fees :-)

yeah im currently in contact with speedgas trying to see what the go is with purchasing.

I can easily buy a bottle, but taking it somewhere locally to refill with argon seems to be the hard part.... its bullsh*t why cant it just be like a LPG bottle, aslong as its stamped and safety checked, who give a rats ass!

its the rental id like to avoid... a larger fill fee wouldnt bother me but im not going to pay $180 a year (BOC) just to let the bottle collect dust between use.

• Member For: 10y 2m 9d

its the rental id like to avoid... a larger fill fee wouldnt bother me but im not going to pay $180 a year (BOC) just to let the bottle collect dust between use.

if speedy is near u n thay sell u a bottle wen yr empty thal swap it to them that's wat thay call re filling just give em a call