Ride Quality With Ssl Sssl Combo In Fg

F6 FRK

• Member For: 10y 2m 19d

Gday Bought a new FG F6 just put 20s with 245 35 in front and 275 30 on rear I have booked in for springs next week. Im just wondering how much ride quality suffers with these cars with ssl front and sssl rear. The car is really just a weekender and I dont really want ride quality to diminish too much. Let me know please people who have this combo cheers Adam

• Member For: 10y 2m 19d

Did you change shocks as well as springs?

No will be leaving shock as I was told they are a sachs shock which are not too bad even though they are not shortened. The car only has 2000km on it and it is a FG F6 MK2 not sure if the shock are the same as MK1. The wheel are 20x8.5 front 20x9.5 rear cheers Adam

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 21d

Yeh not sure, but I had 2011 G6ET.<br />I did ssl all round and regretted not doing shocks especially after doing shocks.<br />Found the ride to be choppy and jarring as valving in shocks was all wrong!<br />Could have saved money doing it all in one go.

• Member For: 11y 11m 2d

I am runnin this combo but I changed to bilsteins at the same time. handling is exceptional compared to before I only had the standard 18s. I think the ride would be ok with just springs but overall handling would be rubbish

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 7m 1d

If you have spent the money and have an F6 with 2000km on it, don't skimp on the suspension setup. Get some Shockworks coilover or some Bilstein to go with your lowered springs.

• Like 1