Vrdesign

Best Spark Plugs

Hi All,

im about to change spark plugs and was wandering if there are better aftermarket options than genuine ford plugs out there.

many brands, many marketing spins, im happy to go genuine again as they are still going strong after 100,000kms, what are peoples thoughts?

cheers

The only problem is that you need to re gap them yourself if your tuned. I don't know how to do this accurately.. How do others do it?

What plugs come pre gapped?

Looks nice and simple to use, I just have the old fashioned feeler gauges

That actually looks like it can adjust the gap too, I must have one!!

Edited by Spyathe

If you go down the NGK path you can normally by pre gapped .8 instead of the 1.1. Not saying the gapping at the factory is always that accurate but its close.

Labour/time is moot as you should be checking them every now and then regardless of if they are iridium or copper.

Edited by _Velocity_

I've tried regular $5 Copper plugs, and tried all those Fancy Iridium ones and what not, found no noticeable difference. I have seen no real evidence that expensive plugs can make the motor run better or have more power.

Can anyone tell me what copper plug I should use on a stock ba xe6t and gap size.

I contacted ngk about having a copper plug. They sent back explaining that a copper plug is not suited for these engines as they were not designed to use one and that engine damage would occure. Also said they have seen the forums about using a copper plug and have no idea what plugs are being used as they don't make any..to suit in copper.lol

Thanks. So keep with a .9 mm gap? Would it affect fuel econamy etc?

I also contacted autolite spark plugs...even though they have a spark plug number for the xr6t in there catalog....they too said not to use a copper plug haha