Rabs Jtg Lpg Fg 320+Rwkw Diary

Rab

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Bel got onto me this weekend to let me know they're ready for me to drop the car in for some tickling :)

I have never felt as relieved or as calm before for a major operation as I do right now.

Never would I have imagined that a workshop would ask you to wait before you gave them some cold hard.

Mick and Bel did - their first concern was that my car was run in properly and any potential warranty issues were allowed to show themselves before they put a spanner to the vehicle.

"Come back next year" would normally be taken as a suggestion to go elsewhere. Not in this case - it was a show of concern and care to make sure that everything was done at the right time and with the correct knowledge/understanding/info and km's on the clock.

Each time I've had the car serviced (twice so far) has done nothing but reinforce the feeling that I've found the right people to move forward with - even a warranty issue I had was diagnosed by Andrew during a service and took about 3 goes and 3 months at Ford to come to the conclusion that it was exactly what Andrew said it was after a bit of testing.

Took the car for one last run at Calder last Friday as a stockie because I knew it wouldn't be too long before the time was right to get the tweaks happening. The whole way home I was just itching to move forward on the mods. Next morning I wake up to a message from Bel asking if I can drop the car off next week for them to do their magic.

I think my reply was "YEP" (abbreviated, but that was the gist of it)

Am really looking forward to what comes next.

Edited by raband
  • Like 9

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

From memory it'll be

gas

injectors

intake

intercooler

cat

couple of tunes (gas and a petrol/gas compromise)

ZF tune

Probably forgot something or added something that isn't there.

Pretty sure it'll be as much as is comfy on the gas system.

Pretty sure they'll let me know if there's something that would be better being done differently :)

• Like 1

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 2m 3d

Nice!

From what ive read on this forum you cant go wrong with pitlane. I'm very impessed on the amount of knowledge mick brings to this forum and takes the time to give people advice even though they are on the otherside of the country. It shows he's a genuine guy and loves these cars as much as everyone else on this forum and helps out when he can.

• Like 5

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Exactly - I only found out about them through this forum.

After talking to them I'm travelling a long distance to hand the work over to them (they must be at least 5kms from where I live :) )

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Get some sleep ratter and stop reading forums - need you bright eyed and bushy tailed tomorrow when I drop the car off :P

• Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

Handed the keys over this afternoon and got to meet the new boss at Pitlane - definitely a task master. Cutest smile :)

Worst part of being without the car now for a while is that the dog will be sad with me each morning when I leave for work - she can't fit on the bike. :(

This is going to be like the lead up to xmas when I was a kid, getting closer and closer to the day I get the car back :)

• Like 2

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8d

Que a long anxious week.

And then rain.

• Like 2

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team

I like to think I'd doing my bit to help the firefighters.

Washing my car only causes rain for the afternoon - this should give a good week or two of downpour

• Like 2