Project 305

rednose

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 6d

I totally missed this thread, I ran 295/35/19 Federal 595rsr's for a while. They measured 309mm shoulder to shoulder on a 9.5Axis hiro.

I made up spacers similar to yours for the Control Blades (if I seen this thread sooner I would have given them to you! I binned them a couple of weeks ago)

I had to roll the shiiit out of the guards and trim the body work where the bumper meets the bumper inside the guard.

tractions was not and issue!

20120301_202452.jpg

2011-12-18164106.jpg

aff54772.jpg

• Like 1

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 6d

Spacers where aprox 13mm to get around 5mm clearance, Can't recall the offset will need to check.

What height are the 305's? I had issues with the tyres touching the inner guard on the inside when the suspension copped a rapid compression, couldn't do much to sort that bar raising the rear to 70's hotrod spec.

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 13d

My current 9.5 Hiros are +40, the new 10.5's are +42 so will only need 11mm on the outside.

The current 275 35 19 Hankook Ventus RS3's did not touch anywhere and the rear quarters wer not rolled.

I have now rolled the guards and will be going to a 305 30 19 so hoping the lower profile helps a bit too.

When we put the test wheel and the current wheel next to each other there was a decent reduction in height, the 305's are definately shorter.

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 13d

Fit the 12mm spacers today and test fit the wheel

7C47BD7D-DAF6-45ED-8D45-4B6BC7C27FC9_zps

In this pic there are 2 guys siting in the boot and one in the rear seat, probably the lowest the car will get.

Very happy with the result so will be purchasing tyres

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 16d

Just for anyone who may be interested in doing something similar to this, KPM Motorsport sell a control arm spacer kit that will give you an extra 10mm clearance on the inside. I ordered a set today, cost me $195 for the kit plus $20 for the airbag to Perth.

• Like 1